- "The Fuzzulator was designed to be a fuzz with focus. So many fuzzes sound cool but get lost in the mix because they don't have a clear sound image. I solved that problem with tonal pre emphasis before the sound hits the distortion generator. The unit also has both LED or germanium diode distortion available at the flip of a switch." - James
Introducing the FUZ-1 Fuzzulator, a different kind of distortion box. The Fuzzulator is the first fuzz box to use our innovative Tone Pre-Emphasis Circuit to control and enhance the proper frequencies to give the distorted sound focus, so that even with massive distortion your instrument will not be lost in the sonic mud. The Fuzzulator also features the exclusive tight/loose switch that switches between a tight sound, using LEDs as the distortion generator, or a looser sound, using our special combination of silicone and germanium diodes. As with all Demeter products, these units are hand built in the U.S.A. using the finest components available to insure many years of trouble free use.
There are three controls on the unit: fuzz, tone and volume, a mode switch to switch between tight or loose, plus a foot switch to bypass the effect, and an LED to indicate effect operation. On the side there is a trim pot to set the overall gain of the unit.
- Fuzz: increases the gain of the distortion circuit which increases the distortion and sustain of the unit.
- Tone: a high cut filter which you can use to make your sound warmer and fatter.
- Volume: this control sets the overall output of the unit. Use this for level matching between the effected and unaffected signal.
- Footswitch: a bypass type of switching is used for a more pure sound. An led indicates the unit is engaged.
Tight/loose switch: this switches between light emitting diodes and germanium diodes for the distortion generating devices. LEDs have a tight sound and are a bit louder. Germanium diodes have a looser more classic fuzz sound with less output volume.
Trim pot: sets the gain of the Fuzzulator's output amplifier. It is useful to turn it up if you are using the germanium diodes (loose) as your primary distortion setting. Or you can turn it down if the unit is too hot for your system.
There are two inputs on the front side of the unit: a 1/4" input jack on the right and a 1/4" output jack on the left with a battery-ground switch on the input jack.
Power supply: 9 volts DC. Either external or internal. For internal power, use a 9 volt battery. To access, remove the four screws on the sides of the unit and pull apart. Note: battery must have at least 7 volts for unit to work! External power supply using mini-plug, tip positive, 9 volt DC regulated (100 milliamp or more).
- (2008-06-10) Demeter Fuzzulator Demo (lollar pickups) by sheetsofsound
- (2008-06-28) Demeter Fuzzulator overview demo by sheetsofsound
- (2008-07-02) Demeter Fuzzulator overview demo part II by sheetsofsound
- (2009-12-31) Demeter Fuzzulator by elswan64
- (2010-07-08) Demeter Fuzzulator Fuzz Pedal FUZ-1 by ProGuitarShopDemos
- (2014-01-18) Demeter Fuzzulator by MusicToyz