This one came from Krypton, because the sounds are definitely not from this planet: the Vox Tonebender was used as a starting point to create a distortion rich in harmonics and textures and well defined treble frequencies to give you the sounds from most of the classic rock and electric blues recordings in the western part of the globe: Hendrix, Beatles, Mick Ronson, ZZ Top and Black Crowes, were, among many others, our inspirations.
Kryptone is our most dynamic, sensitive and responsive pedal, so it really cleans up when your guitar volume knob is rolled back, giving you clean to scream, to saturation and controlled feedback in your rhythm hand's reach. Besides recreating the sounds from de 60s and 70s this pedal works very well with early 90s Seattle tones and contemporary alternative rock too. It has a certain familiarity with our BOG pedal, but while that one has a warmer sound and behaves like a distortion pedal in some settings, the Kryptone has a characteristic bright trebly sound to it, with lots of harmonics coming and going everywhere and incomparable dynamics.
The Fuzz knob adds dirt and texture to your instrument's timbre. The more fuzz the best, as the harmonics content really makes those high mids pop out of the amp!
The Mood knob works as an external bias control for one of the germanium transistors. Around noon the knob sets a regular operation voltage of 4.5v. Turning it counter-clockwise the power feed is decreased: the volume drops, the sound gets a little bit smoother, a sag effect appears and further down a gated fuzz sound is achieved. Turning the knob clockwise from noon the power feed is increased, the volume turns up, the pick attack is faster and the overall sound is more metallic and aggressive. Therefore the Mood knob allows guitarists to remain in the classic fuzz realm keeping it close to noon, or to explore new interesting territories in the extreme settings!
The Mode toggle throws in a high impedance cell in front of the fuzz circuit making the overall sound more brilliant and well defined, with a fast responding distortion-like dynamic, and allowing wah-wah pedals to work perfectly before the pedal. Does your fuzz wah like this??
You can still filter off bass frequencies and decrease the pedal's overall gain though the three position Voice toggle: treble boost, classic fuzz and extra bass, giving the pedal lots of versatility and matching it with different amps settings. Cutting sounds, well balanced voice or fat dripping fuzz, here you find all that.
If you need an open sounding dynamic fuzz box that really has that 60s thing (think of the Sergeant Pepper's solo or Mick Ronson with David Bowie) consider a quick stop in Krypyton.
As all other DeepTrip pedals the Kryptone is true bypass and operates with 9v negative center DC jack that can be shared with most commercial pedals, but if you are the battery type we've included and external battery drawer so you don't need to screw around.
- (2009-02-21) Deep Trip Kryptone - Ge Fuzz by Burgerman666
- (2009-02-21) Deep Trip Kryptone - (shorter version) by Burgerman666
- (2009-08-21) Deep Trip Kryptone: Revisited by Burgerman666
- (2014-02-18) Deep Trip: The Kryptone Fuzz - DEMO by Burgerman666
- (2014-06-12) Deep Trip Kryptone Fuzz by ProGuitarShopDemos
- (2015-01-18) Deep Trip PedalS - KRYPTONE by MusicToyz
- (2015-03-10) Deep Trip Kryptone with Supro amp by rigrigrigmusic
- (2016-07-11) Deep Trip Kryptone by Brett Kingman by Deep Trip
- (2016-07-16) Deep Trip Kryptone by Rig Rig Rig by Deep Trip
- (2016-09-14) Deep Trip Kryptone - Stranger Things by Lucas Moser by Deep Trip
- (2016-11-19) Check out our Kryptone rocking on this new demo by our friend Lucas Moser. Watch the full review: http://bit.ly/KTlcsmsr ? ?? Confiram o nosso Kryptone arrebentando nesta nova demo do nosso amigo Lucas Moser Veja o review completo aqui http://bit.ly/KTlcs by Deep Trip