Your Professor Boogie is a full flavoured high gain distortion pedal. The circuit is an emulation of an amplifier head (for legal reasons you'll have to guess which one). The trickery at play here is that the valve stages of the actual amplifier have been replaced with a solid-state counterpart, the JFET. These semiconductors behave much like tubes and need to be individually biased and tuned as such.
With a full fledged amplifier tone stack, you have the versatility to boost or scoop the mids to dial in the flavour you need for the occasion. Built like a rock solid amplifier you can expect the same matching tones.
The Professor Boogie project is a coloration project between Dazatronyx and Shaun Klinger from Klinger Custom Pedals for shits and giggles in 2012.
- Discrete field-effect transistors.
- High gain compression.
- Fast action 3PDT true bypass foot switch.
- Individual transistor biasing.
- Teflon wiring.
- Durable powder coated finish.
- Highest quality components and construction.
- Five year warranty + manual.