The Microtubes B7K is the meanest beast of the family. It features all the handy features of it's little brother and much more! One of the amazing improvements is the musical four band EQ which rises-up exponentially the amount of tonal capabilities, giving you all the shaping, and texture options you'll ever need. This, combined with the Grunt and Attack toggle switches give you all the versatility preamp in the palm of your hand.
With the B7K you will easily create your own signature sound in a huge range of shades from classic warm tube tones, even to scooped ultra high gain distortion. Other great spec of the B7K is the built in DI Output which makes it perfect for live and studio applications. It works perfectly either used as a stand-alone preamp going to a power amp and/or PA system, or to spice up the tone of your favorite amplifier. The Microtubes B7K is a dream come true to get your own signature sound.
- With the blend at minimum it can be used as a clean 4 band EQ for shaping your clean sound.
- The parallel output is very useful! for example you can get your Microtubes and clean signal at the same time, this comes in handy in studio situations, or if you want to set up a stereo rig, allowing you to run your dirty and clean signal through different amps!
- Original Design featuring our hybrid FET/CMOS gain stages to provide an amazingly natural tube-like dynamic response
- Level: Controls the level of the Overdriven Signal
- Blend: Allows to mix the exact amount of clean signal with the Overdriven.
- Drive: Sets the amount of preamp Gain.
- Grunt Switch: Choose between 3 different Bass boost levels before the gain stages, this interacts with the Drive knob, so you can choose how much of bass you want to saturate
- Attack Switch: This switch features the same “Ultra Hi” option in most tube bass amps. And it allows you to choose how much treble content you want to saturate. The Boost setting gives you more clarity, presence and definition. The Off option will round your sound, making it a bit warmer and less sharp.
- Low: +-12dB @ 100Hz
- Mid: +-12dB @ 1kHz
- Hi Mid: +-12dB @ 2.8kHz
- Treble: +-12dB @ 5kHz
- Parallel Output: It allows you to take your clean signal, and re-route to process it in any way you like!
- DI Output: Perfect for live aplications for going straight to PA System. And also for studio situations going straight to any interface.
- Gnd Lift/Phantom: Allows you to lift the ground on the DI section for avoiding hums, and any other ground related noise.
- It can be powered either using a 9V Battery or regulated 9V power supply (center negative). You can also experiment with 12V power supply for extra headroom. Or via the XLR jack with the Phantom Power option.
- (2010-07-27) Darkglass Bass Preamp DI Microtubes B7K by Darkglass Electronics
- (2011-08-04) DARKGLASS B7K by BassTheWorld
- (2011-10-17) Darkglass Contest winner showing off his B7K by Darkglass Electronics
- (2011-12-03) Microtubes B7K Bass Preamp/DI demo by Will Davies by Darkglass Electronics
- (2012-10-26) Microtubes B7K Sample - by Nolly Getgood from Periphery by Darkglass Electronics
- (2013-05-27) POD HD vs. VFE Killer Rabbit, Darkglass B7K, TC Electronic RH450, ReCabinet by Kick Harris
- (2013-06-04) - Info in his pedal: http://bit.ly/17EsLDn by Darkglass Electronics
- (2013-08-23) [????]1927? Todays gear ?????? Darkglass ?????? Microtubes B7K Bass Preamp DI by Today's Gear
- (2014-02-04) Darkglass Electronics Microtubes B7K - BASS Demo by MrExcane
- (2014-02-04) Microtubes B7K Demo by Chris Kollias by Darkglass Electronics
- (2014-07-02) Darkglass Electronics B7K - Demo por Jose Macario by GuitarGearComMx
- (2014-07-23) Darkglass B7K / Micro POG demo by Montgomery Appliances
- (2015-06-01) Glenn Fricker from Spectre Media Group made this awesome unboxing video of the #MicrotubesB7K. Thanks Glenn, you rock! Check it out! by Darkglass Electronics
- (2015-06-15) Erik Arkö (Structural Disorder) made this amazing comparison of the EQ on the #MicrotubesB7K and the #ToneCapsule and how they sound as a clean preamp!, listen the #darkglassthunder! (Thanks Erik, you really rock!) by Darkglass Electronics
- (2015-07-06) Sick as always! Patrick Hunter takes the #MicrotubesB7K Limited Edition and released his inner black beast. Hear the roar and the #darkglassthunder! Keep up with Patrick on: Youtube: http://youtube.com/mrfuzzguy Twitter: http://twitter.com/_patrickhunter by Darkglass Electronics
- (2015-07-21) Our friend Vitaly (Theatrum) sent to us this complete demo review of the #MicrotubesB7K on his Brutal Guitars bass, check it out! (thanks dude!) Check more videos of Vitaly on his Youtube channel: https://goo.gl/qpxBc6 by Darkglass Electronics
- (2015-09-30) Comparison between Vintage Deluxe and Microtubes B7K by Darkglass Electronics
- (2015-09-30) [Quick Video] For all those who once asked which is the difference between the dark and the bright side, here an A/B Comparison between Vintage Deluxe and Microtubes B7K. Still Undecided? Special thanks to Jyri Helko (For The Imperium), you rock! by Darkglass Electronics
- (2015-10-11) Spartan Rage! From Greece, Herc Booze (SiXforNinE) takes our #MicrotubesB7K and made this killer "All My Heroes Dead" bass cover taken from SiXforNinE's homonymous debut album. by Darkglass Electronics
- (2015-11-09) Best. Combo. Ever. Patrick Hunter takes the B3K and B7K and made this marvelous demo. Don't forget to check out his youtube channel and subscribe: https://www.youtube.com/MrFuzzGuy by Darkglass Electronics
- (2015-11-19) Darkglass Microtubes B7K Analog Bass Preamp - DEMO by vhtargino
- (2015-11-25) Microtubes B7K demo by Victor Hugo Targino by Darkglass Electronics
- (2016-02-25) Choose your side! Dark or Light, Microtubes or Vintage! Demo by our friend Victor Hugo Targino, thanks man! by Darkglass Electronics
- (2016-02-26) Does It Groove - Darkglass Microtubes B7K by RobChappers
- (2016-04-08) Face to face between the warm vibes of our Vintage Deluxe MK2 and the beast growl of the Microtubes B7K. As always, Patrick Hunter playing as a savage! Don't forget to check out more stunning videos on his youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/MrFuzzGu by Darkglass Electronics
- (2016-10-20) Bass Whammy, Darkglass B7K and MXR Delay // BassTheWorld.com by BassTheWorld