Daring Audio press release
Anaheim, CA, January 23, 2013 -- Daring Audio Inc, the leader in Professional Bass Pedals, today announces another new innovative High Definition (HD) model to broaden its product line. The Laser Cannon HD boasts 100% analog circuitry, and has a high-headroom preamp with three optional distortion textures with a blend of silicon, germanium diodes and FET circuits. It features the Daring Audio hallmark design of “constant volume continuous wet/dry blend” capability between its two internal channels, allowing you to keep as much clean low end as you want.
Announcing The Laser Canon HD
The original Laser Cannon is particularly well respected for allowing continuous adjustment from overdrive to fuzz. Now, based on top artist feedback, the Laser Canon HD incorporates all these additional new features:
State Variable Filter allowing low-pass, high-pass and band-pass before and after the distortion circuit for optimal tone shaping. Two filters allow separate pre and post gain filtering for unique sounds without using separate EQ pedals. Now you can retain clean low end, or certain mid ranges, or high end frequencies -- and dial in as much distortion or fuzz on remaining frequencies. This is the first of it’s kind, like having a “Studio in a Pedal.”
Expansion of the Gain control, enabling line level signals for re-amping, in addition to passive and active basses. It covers the range from clean to mild tube-like overdrive, through distortion and all-out chaos fuzz.
Innovative Boost footswitch with controllable circuit placement alternatives to affect output volume, input gain or even distortion amount. This allows for clean boost, distortion change or blended boost. The boost footswitch has a separate Level control that applies only to the boost at whichever circuit location is used.
The Lason Canon HD is available in two finishes, black and aluminum, and will be released in March 2013.
- (2013-03-22) "Expanse" by Trip Wamsley using the Daring Audio Laser Cannon HD Bass overdrive by Daring Audio
- (2013-03-25) I wanted to place this inside the facebook page. We already placed it on Youtube and shared the link here. Question to fans: Is it easier or better to have ALL our videos inside facebook? (as opposed to links back to youtube?) by Daring Audio
- (2013-03-30) Daring Audio LASER CANNON HD bass overdrive, fuzz, distortion knob turning demo by Daring Audio
- (2013-10-12) LASER CANNON HD MUSIC VID MARK II by Daring Audio
- (2013-10-12) Daring Audio Laser Cannon HD Demo Sounds by Daring Audio
- (2014-05-07) Daring Audio Laser Cannon HD Bass Fuzz by Prymaxe
- (2014-07-23) Getting the Geddy Lee Tone with Daring Audio Laser Cannon HD by Daring Audio
- (2014-08-12) Laser Cannon HD demo Roundabout by Yes with Joey Fabian by Daring Audio
- (2014-08-13) Daring Audio Laser Cannon HD bass overdrive, distortion, fuzz Demo of Roundabout by Yes by Daring Audio
- (2014-08-14) FB Video Laser Cannon HD Demo of shortened version of Roundabout (with isolated bass) by Yes. Thanks to Joey Fabian who nailed the song and tone playing the pedal direct to protools in the right channel; Chris Squire's original album track isolated in the by Daring Audio
- (2014-08-26) Laser Cannon HD Bass Overdrive John Entwistle demo by Daring Audio
- (2014-08-26) Left side, original studio tracks, right side Laser Cannon direct signal showing same sound with no amps. by Daring Audio
- (2014-11-19) Thanks to Brian, new customer and friend for creating this cool video showcasing WAL bass tone and mild distortion with the Laser Cannon HD by Daring Audio
- (2014-11-21) Laser Cannon HD bass overdrive by Daring Audio
- (2015-06-03) The Daring Blister Tone using Edge Activator and Laser Cannon HD bass pedals by Daring Audio