Named The First Fuzz because that's just what it is.
We use Germanium transistors which were the first type of transistor generally available in the early 1960s. There are several types but we found that the NKT 275 to have the best Fuzz tone.
The transistors are selected according to our parameters, but even then we have added a bias pot because this type of transistor is likely to drift over a period of time or in varying temperatures. We also use Carbon Composition resistors just like the original Germanium Fuzz Face™ pedals.
- (2009-03-17) Cornell The 1st Fuzz Demo by Toy Love
- (2011-07-17) Cornell Fuzz Face vs Cornell 1st Fuzz Shootout Pedal Demo by TheToneshack
- (2012-01-15) Cornell First Fuzz Demo by drowninginguitars
- (2012-10-06) Cornell The 1st Fuzz by oshiyama1965
- (2014-06-27) Cornell first fuzz & castledine fuzz face by memygtar