The Capricorn Rock Distortion is a very versatile boost/overdrive/distortion effect. It can deliver anything from sweet creamy boost tones to gut wrenching all out, nearly uncontrollable distortion. Built like a tank using the best components available, including an all metal powder coated enclosure, CTS pots and Neutrik jacks. Totally hand built, this pedal will keep you rocking for many years to come.
The Capricorn is a true bypass pedal and uses no buffers or inline tone circuits in its design. It features two independently controllable gain stages. The first section is a transistor based gain stage, similar to most fuzz type effects. This section’s overall gain is controlled by the LIMIT knob on the front panel.This stage can be set from a one to one gain of your guitar signal to a ten to one gain. There is enough power in the section alone to push tube amps into overdrive by it’s self. The tone developed in this transistor stage is bright and edgy with a hint of fuzz.
The second gain stage is achieved using single paralleled priority high fidelity opamp amplifier. This gain of this stage is controlled by the GAIN and EDGE knobs. This opamp section is darker and smoother sounding than the transistor gain section.The Capricorn does not take over your tone but enhances it transparently. With the gain set one to one of your guitar signal, you will notice a fuller, clearer tone. With all the controls set to 10, a crunchy, edgy, harmonically rich tone with violin like singing sustain is produced. Rolling back the EDGE control will smooth out the tone to your exact preference.
There is very little noise filtering in the circuit which allows your guitar’s entire signal to come through. The Capricorn is extremely touch sensitive and responds beautifully to every nuance of your guitar playing. The Capricorn also cleans up nicely when you roll back the volume on your guitar.
The Capricorn features a clipping diode selector switch for immense versatility. Set to the left, symmetrical silicon diodes are placed in circuit which gives a nice smooth compressed tone with slightly less volume. Set the switch to the right for an asymmetrical MOSFET feature which produces a very nice crunchy tone. Place the switch in the middle to remove all diodes and let all the tone come through unclipped for a larger, more open and vocal tone.
- (2011-06-10) Celestial Effects - Capricorn Rock Distortion Review by MartinMoyan0
- (2011-07-27) Scorpio Super Boost and Capricorn Rock Distortion by Celestial Effects Demo w/ Potvin Killer Bee by Fuzz Box Girl
- (2011-08-08) Celestial Effects Capricorn Boost/Overdrive/Distortion by JetCityMusic
- (2012-07-31) Celestial Effects CAPRICORN Rock Distortion guitar effects pedal demo with Strat by Gearmanndude
- (2013-03-17) Celestial Effects Capricorn Rock Distortion Demo by Celestial Effects
- (2013-03-19) "A Moment With Dr. Rokkentone" and the Capricorn Rock Distortion" by Celestial Effects