Catalinbread Vibe Prototype
Catalinbread (press release, January 19, 2012)
Chief circuit designer Howard Gee and Nicholas Harris began working on our take on the classic uni-vibe about 3 years ago. We spent many months playing various benchmark uni-vibe pedals. Not to mention Howard has THAT sound ingrained into his DNA. Work continued... Then about a year ago Nicholas ran into J Mascis at a Portland show, where J asked Nicholas why no other manufacturers can make a good vibe and asked that we do so. Nicholas told J that we would. And of course we want to make sure J has the best vibe in the world... Howard also has high standards and requirements of a vibe. So the Catalinbread vibe will be released only when Howard is completely happy with our creation.
- Classic Uni-vibe inspired "vibe"
- Independent rate controls for chorus and vibrato modes.
- Incandescent bulb opto controlled phase shift stages.
- "Cancel" function which allows for old school uni-vibe "bypass" sounds.
- Offset knob allows control over the center frequency of the vibe.
- Input knob allows the player to control their input impedance from traditional to high.
- Volume control.
- Intensity control.
- Expression pedal capable to control rates.
- Tap tempo capable.
- (2012-02-11) Catalinbread Univibe-Style Chorus by Harmony-Central
- (2012-03-08) NAMM '12 - Catalinbread Octapussy, Unnamed Prototype, and Nautilux Demos by Premier Guitar