If you’re familiar with ‘Sabbath’s live album, Past Lives, then you’ll know where we were going with this pedal - huge, raw, responsive! This circuit is optimized for down-tuning but works equally great for standard tuning thanks to the Range control, which allows you to “customize” the treble-booster section of the circuit anywhere from treble-boost to full-range boost.
According to Mr. Iommi, someone modded his Dallas Rangemaster. “I don't know what he did to it, but it was really good. I used that treble booster on all the early Sabbath albums and put it into the Laney because it boosted the input and gave it the overdrive I was looking for, which amps in the early days didn't have.” Then in 1979 another tech threw it into the garbage, thinking it was crap. Can you believe that?! So no one really knows what was done to it. But based on our experience, it was most likely changing it to be more of a full-range boost and possibly rebiasing it. So that’s what we mean when we say you can “customize” the treble-boost section with the Range knob - you can continuously set it to any input frequency response you want.
Warning: Playing your guitar through the Sabbra Cadabra may result in obsessive riffing and power chording. User discretion is required.
- (2014-09-15) Catalinbread Sabbra Cadabra Pt.2 by ProGuitarShopDemos
- (2014-09-16) Iommi used a Rangemaster into Laney Supergroup amps. Sabbra Cadabra brings you those circuits in pedal form! Audio recorded with the gear you see here! by Catalinbread
- (2014-09-17) If you set all the knobs on the Sabbra Cadabra around noon, you'll get the classic Iommi response. But if you turn the Range and Gain knobs all the way up... Well, it answers that question that's been burning in your mind for years - "What if someone turn by Catalinbread
- (2014-09-17) Catalinbread Galileo MKII & Sabbra Cadabra Overview by ProGuitarShopDemos
- (2014-09-18) Catalinbread Sabbra Cadabra Pt. 1 by ProGuitarShopDemos
- (2014-09-19) We start off with the Sabbra Cadabra into the Echorec. Then I kick on the Octapussy hitting the Sabbra for some serious wall-of-sound action. by Catalinbread
- (2014-09-21) Sabbra Cadabra is designed to work great in drop tunings as well as standard tuning. Recorded with a Royer R-121 ribbon mic. by Catalinbread
- (2014-09-24) Hey it's Howard, back with some more Sabbra Cadabra action . It can be raw and raunchy with that chirpy pick attack that is a hallmark of Tony Iommi's single note lines. Anybody know what this riff is? by Catalinbread
- (2014-12-12) Sabbra Cadabra: Sabbath in the box! by Catalinbread by Catalinbread
- (2015-03-05) Today we thought we'd have some fun and get some of the peeps on the Catalinbread crew to give us three seconds of their time. Everyone is playing through the Sabbra Cadabra except for one. But only one of us is playing a Sabbath riff! ;-) Give it up for by Catalinbread
- (2015-04-04) Catalinbread Sabbra Cadabra by shnobel
- (2015-04-15) How To Sound Like: Black Sabbath by Catalinbread by Catalinbread
- (2015-09-16) Catalinbread Sabbra Cadabra Overdrive by PedalOfTheDay
- (2016-02-14) Catalinbread ??? Sabbra Cadabra by BuzzbeeTV