Careful, the Perseus just might take your head off. While the mythology behind Perseus is certainly interesting, the Perseus sub-octave fuzz is actually named after the Perseus cluster, where the lowest note in the universe eminates from a black hole. What’s happening out there is that intergalactic gas has concentrated around a cluster of galaxies, forming a cloud. A massive black hole is sending out jets of particles that crash into the cloud, causing pressure waves to ripple outward. Some astronomers interpret these as sound waves. Of course, even if you call it sound, it’s too low for anyone to hear. They estimate the note to be a “B flat,” about fifty-seven octaves lower than middle C. While the Perseus won’t give you 57 octaves below, we do believe this is the coolest analog octave-down fuzz out there! The Perseus is an octave-down fuzz that allows you to select either one or two octaves down mixed with a fuzz sound that you can blend to any mix of the two you want, including just the fuzz or just the sub-octave. The Perseus can track the sub-octave note accurately no matter where on the neck you are playing!
The Perseus features three knobs and an octave switch. The Volume has PLENTY of output so you can pummel your amp to your heart's desire! Unity volume is around 10:00. The Blend allows you mix the fuzz and octave sounds in any amount you want. The Cut control is something special on the Perseus. Turn the Cut control full-counterclockwise for maximum bass frequency domination. Turn it clockwise to trim the fat. This enables you to tune the Perseus to your amp or to create cool textures for lead playing. While the controls on the Perseus may seem simple, it’s important to know that your guitar’s tone, volume and pickup selection makes a big difference in the Perseus’ behaviour. Download the manual to learn more about how to get the most out of this amazing pedal.
- (2010-12-20) Catalinbread Perseus: Episode 1 - Basic Sounds by Catalinbread
- (2010-12-20) Catalinbread Perseus: Episode 3 - Into a Cranked Marshall by Catalinbread
- (2010-12-20) Catalinbread Perseus: Episode 2 - Glitchy Sounds by Catalinbread
- (2011-02-22) Catalinbread Perseus Fuzz Pedal Demo!! by Fat Tone Guitars
- (2011-05-05) Catalinbread Perseus Sub-Octave Fuzz - Demo by Just Nick for Rock n Roll Vintage by JustNickMusic
- (2011-05-31) Catalinbread Perseus Sub Octave Fuzz Demo Review by Rocknrollvintage
- (2011-09-01) Nicholas' Workday Episode 1: Catalinbread Perseus Sub Octave Fuzz with Korg PolySix by Catalinbread
- (2011-12-14) Catalinbread - Perseus by fatback2
- (2014-11-24) Kai ripping a Strat into a Perseus and an another octave pedal at Catalinbread headquarters! by Catalinbread
- (2015-01-31) Catalinbread Perseus Bass Demo by Guitar Effects Pedal UK
- (2015-07-14) Perseus Sub Octave Fuzz Stack Experiement with Catalinbread by Catalinbread