Catalinbread presents the evolution of the Ottava Magus, with the Ottava Magus II. Upgraded from the former bantam series, the new Ottava Magus II has all the benefits of the previous version, but the circuit has been revamped, retuned, and has an added Saturation control that offers the ability of subtle ‘flutey' high octave tones or crazier full-on ring mod sounds, the Intensity control covers a wide range from clean to barking. The input sensitivity is much more forgiving than typical octaves, so you can actually get a lot of different flavors just by adjusting the controls on your guitar. Back off your guitar volume for more subtle parts and still have the octave clear and present with the natural decays intact. Play on your bridge pickup down low on the neck for piano-like overtones on your bass strings - try that with a conventional octave pedal!
There's tons of output on tap to pummel your preamp or another dirt box into sonic submission as well.
Oh - and it has purple knobs. You like purple, right?
- (2009-12-23) Catalinbread Ottava Magus II: Inside a Mix by Catalinbread
- (2009-12-25) Bobby DeVito demo Catalinbread Ottava Magus II Octavia Octave Fuzz by Bobby DeVito
- (2010-02-03) Catalinbread Ottava Magus II demo by suomenmusiikkituonti
- (2010-04-08) Catalinbread Ottava Magus II - Function by Catalinbread
- (2014-11-21) Catalinbread Ottava Magus II by Sam Vilo