Catalinbread (press release, January 19, 2012)
- Searing three knob octave fuzz.
- Capable of delicate octave harmonies, to ripping fuzz tones.
- Great sounding fuzz whether played high on the frets, or chunky power chords.
- Excellent integration with your guitar's volume/tone controls
- Special LED bypass to preserve the highest tonal feel.
Catalinbread (press release, March 5, 2012)
Catalinbread Octapussy hits the streets
Dateline: March 5th, 2012 Portland, OR
If you followed the news from NAMM you may have seen this pedal unveiled. Well, Catalinbread is ready to let the cat out of the bag. The Octapussy is an octave-up fuzz in the tradition of the Octavia. But it's not a clone of that circuit! Nope, it's an original circuit designed by Howard Gee, utilizing 3 silicon transistors and two diodes that takes the tradition to the next level! Get yourself the ultimate octave fuzz, and launch your sound into the stratosphere.
The Octapussy was designed to be extremely responsive to your guitar and playing. Whether you're looking for sweet, breathy, delicate octave-up melodies; epic soaring leads that bloom as you hold a bend; or massively huge grinding, industrial-strength power chords. The Octapussy has it! There's also a slew of other sounds to be had not only in the pedal itself, but also with your playing style and guitar controls.
Simple controls make it easy to find a plethora of octave and fuzz sounds! The Octapussy has three controls. Gain: This control increases the gain for more fuzz, harmonics, and upper-midrange frequency boost. It is voiced to be usable throughout its range from minimum all the way to maximum. Body: This control increases bass response and like the Gain knob, it also increases output and harmonic content. Attenuate: This control should normally be set full counter-clockwise. For best tone and response, only attenuate when you've got the Gain and Body knobs really cranking and need to reduce the output some.
What you won't get with the Octapussy: An overly compressed and pinched-off response. Octapussy remains open and responsive at any setting! You'll never feel like you're 'fighting' the pedal. It invites you to enter its mystical world and explore the huge range of textures available.
The more you play the Octapussy, the more sounds you'll find in it!
AVAILABLE: Monday, March 12th, 2012
- (2012-02-11) Catalinbread Octopussy by Harmony-Central
- (2012-03-03) Catalinbread Octapussy. Recorded Straight To iPhone. by Catalinbread
- (2012-03-03) Catalinbread Octapussy Octave Fuzz. Who knows? by Catalinbread
- (2012-03-08) NAMM '12 - Catalinbread Octapussy, Unnamed Prototype, and Nautilux Demos by Premier Guitar
- (2012-03-17) Catalinbread Octapussy Octave Fuzz - Demo by Just Nick for Rock n Roll Vintage by JustNickMusic
- (2012-04-08) Catalinbread Octapussy Guitar Pedal by MusicToyz
- (2016-04-17) Catalinbread ??? Octapussy by BuzzbeeTV