Belle Epoch Deluxe Specifications
- EXACT EP-3 circuitry, from the 22 volt power rail, to the JFET preamp (later spec), to the mixer stage, to the high gain silicon transistor based record and playback amplifiers, to the feedback loop. All circuitry is faithfully reproduced and fine-tuned from the original EP-3 specifications. The only thing missing are the record and playback heads, with a 24-bit high-fidelity digital delay line taking the place of the tape.
- All-discrete, through-hole construction with orange drop 225P capacitors, carbon composition resistors, germanium diodes, and other premium parts.
- True-bypass or “trails” mode selectable from internal switch.
- Expression pedal control over delay time, delay playback volume, rotary speed, and filter sweep. When delay time expression control is selected the panel knob (Echo Delay) controls the maximum delay time when expression pedal is at full-toe. Minimum delay time can be set from most expression pedals giving control over both minimum and maximum delay times, from full-heel to full-toe.
- Echo Oscillation momentary footswitch allows instant runaway repeats. Internal trimpot allows this function to be user tunable.
- Echo Delay (digital) – controls delay time from 80ms to 800ms, exactly like an EP-3.
- Echo Sustain (analog) – controls the amount of delay feedback and is tuned to function like the EP-3.
- Echo Volume (analog) – controls wet/dry mix using exact EP-3 mixer circuit for the same subtle phase and tone shifts of the dry signal.
- Record Level (analog) – controls the gain of the input signal hitting the record amplifier. Ranges from no signal all the way to heavily overdriving the transistor record amplifier. Record Level only affects the level of the initial repeat. Once repeats are regenerating this control has no effect on them, just like the EP-3.
- Depth (digital) – controls the modulation depth. The type of modulation depends on the setting of Echo Program.
- Echo Program (1-6). Selects from six different options for the “tape”.
- Bright and tight EP-3. Voiced with classic EP-3 tape echo sounds in mind. Classic shimmering tape echoes. Depth controls the amount of undulation from tape wow and flutter, from none to severe. Start with Depth at noon. Exp (V) controls volume.
- Full range EP-3. Thicker sound than Echo Program 1. Great for really prominent echoes. Quicker onset of oscillation. Depth controls the amount of tape undulation, from none to severe. Start with Depth at noon. Exp (V) controls volume.
- Roto-Swirl. As if the tape was replaced by a rotary speaker set to fast. Depth controls the intensity of the rotary sound. Using an expression pedal allows the rotary speed to be changed from fast rotor (full-toe) all the way down to slow rotor (full-heel). Exp (V) controls rotary speed.
- Sweep-filter. Like replacing the tape with a sweepable wah-like filter. Without an expression pedal, you get a bright delay tone that cuts through nicely and doesn’t cloud things up as much. Using an expression pedal unlocks the resonant filter that sweeps from low (full-heel) to high (almost full-toe). Full-toe cancels the resonant filter giving you the default bright delay sound for this Echo Program. This program has a quick onset of oscillation when using Echo Sustain. By continually moving the expression pedal some amazing resonant filter sweep echo sounds can be achieved. Exp (V) controls filter sweep. Depth controls the amount of tape undulation, from none to severe.
- DMM Chorus. Reproduces the chorus mode from the classic Deluxe Memory Man. The Depth control can get into very extreme pitch-bending, just like an old DMM. Exp (V) controls volume.
- DMM Vibrato. Reproduces the vibrato mode from the classic Deluxe Memory Man. The Depth control can get into very extreme pitch-bending, just like an old DMM. Exp (V) controls volume.
- EXP toggle switch – selects expression pedal function. To the right (D) the expression pedal controls delay time. To the left (V) the expression pedal controls either delay playback volume, rotary speed, or filter sweep, depending on which Echo Program is selected. When using the expression pedal to control delay playback volume, you can go full heel to turn off the delay and use just the preamp. Pushing expression pedal forward is like turning up the volume at the playback head.
- (2017-01-27) NAMM 2017 - Catalinbread interview and Belle Epoch Deluxe/Formula No. 55 demo by ThePedalZone
- (2017-03-29) The Many Moods of Belle Epoch Deluxe, No. 1. Stay tuned as we gear up in the coming weeks to send this baby out the door! Want more Belle Epoch Deluxe? Follow @kittycastermusic on IG! More Catalinbread Dev News: http://bit.ly/2ntcIKG ??????? #es335pro ?? by Catalinbread
- (2017-04-06) The Many Moods of Belle Epoch Deluxe, Vol 4. ??? Missed the others?? Follow @kittycastermusic on IG to catch up!! More Catalinbread Dev: http://bit.ly/2ntcIKG Flying V > Sabbra Cadabra > Belle Epoch Deluxe > Princeton Reverb by Catalinbread
- (2017-04-18) Curious to hear what bass sounds like with our Belle Epoch Deluxe? ?????? jazzbass ?? bellepochdeluxe ?? vibrolux #catalinbread For more Catalinbread dev follow @kittycastermusic http://bit.ly/2ntcIKG by Catalinbread
- (2017-05-04) ?The Many Moods of Belle Epoch Deluxe, No. 13 ? Here's a bit more about the Echo Oscillation footswitch. There's a trimpot inside the pedal that you can use to set how hot the repeats are when you hit the footswitch. A common question we've been getting i by Catalinbread
- (2017-05-10) We're almost to the finish line with our Belle Epoch Deluxe! Howard goes over what we've been up to and what's left to do! by Catalinbread
- (2017-06-08) Belle Epoch Deluxe: An Introduction by Catalinbread
- (2017-06-30) We're excited to announce that the new Belle Epoch Deluxe will be shipping July 10! Thanks to our fans for being patient, your support and encouragement! It's been one hell of a roller coaster ride and we're excited for you all to see what we've been putt by Catalinbread
- (2017-07-21) Belle Epoch Deluxe: Out of The Box 1 of 5 Power Requirements and Placement by Catalinbread
- (2017-07-21) Belle Epoch Deluxe: Out of The Box 2 of 5 Controls In Detail by Catalinbread
- (2017-07-21) Belle Epoch Deluxe: Out of The Box 4 of 5 Express Yourself by Catalinbread
- (2017-07-21) Belle Epoch Deluxe: Out of The Box 5 of 5 Echo Program Tips by Catalinbread
- (2017-07-21) Belle Epoch Deluxe: Out of The Box 3 of 5 Bypass and Under The Hood by Catalinbread
- (2017-08-14) Technical Overview of the Belle Epoch Deluxe by Catalinbread
No forum threads about this effect yet.
Here's some code to post a link with image on forums, eBay, websites,...