Caroline Guitar Company
Our first product is the Wave Cannon™ booster/overdrive/distortion pedal. We believe it is the finest pedal of its kind on the market. It is capable of tones that are dynamic, responsive, powerful, and soulful. We care deeply about great sounds, and this pedal is our first tribute to that cause.
We pursued this goal with a proper mix of passion, madness, and diligence. As a former touring pro and gear critic who had owned, played, tested, or reviewed over 75 different distortion pedals, I had a pretty good idea for the recipe I had always wanted. For years I had also modified or “unlocked” other brands of pedals for our customers and friends, only to grit my teeth when confronted with limits to what I could do within their framework. In the end, the enclosure (rightfully) was also still theirs to brand – their reward for putting in the hustle and capital towards creating, developing, and marketing a product.
I took my initial concept as far as I could, then I put my trust in good people to make it better. After lots of prototypes, genuine feedback and honest advice, lead user testing from great working players whom I trust, and some interesting adventures in converting dreamware to hardware, we launched the Cannon in October, 2010.
We’re not going to pretend that this pedal is for anyone and everyone. While capable of stomach-punching levels of boost all the way to waves of op-amp driven fuzz, the Wave Cannon pedal is not for the novice player who needs to cover their technique or playing with copious amounts of dirt and compression. This is a high-gain unit that responds to the full range of expressive tools that a serious player can use: changes in technique, pick attack, dynamics, guitar and amp controls, pickup selections, and so on. And we haven’t even talked about the Havoc switch yet!
Each of the first 75 will be made entirely by hand and numbered with our “Dreamed, Designed, and Created in Columbia, South Carolina” laser engraved badge. From our work at the Southeast Guitar and Amp Show in Raleigh, NC and our existing relationships, we will be selling the Cannons at retailers in Columbia, Arlington VA, Raleigh NC, and New York City.
Caroline Guitar Company about the Cannonball pedals
Our Cannonball™ pedals are our very limited, one-off unique or custom order pieces. Each is a work of art, with the enclosure custom painted by a noteworthy artist and then specially wired by hand in our shop.
Each begins with our acclaimed Wave Cannon™ distortion circuit, but we put a couple special tweaks inside to make each pedal unlike any other. Then we load the Havoc switch, but this time we put it on a rugged latched or momentary footswitch that you can activate with your foot.
- (2010-10-14) Carter from Carbon Leaf demos the Wave Cannon by Caroline Guitar Company
- (2010-11-19) Caroline Guitar WAVE CANNON guitar effects pedal demo by Gearmanndude
- (2010-12-01) Caroline Wave Cannon - dreamed, designed and created in Columbia, SC by Caroline Guitar Company
- (2011-01-18) Caroline Guitar Company Wave Cannon Guitar Pedal by MusicToyz
- (2011-03-06) Caroline Wave Canon Overdrive Demo by Tibbon
- (2011-04-20) Caroline Guitar Company Wave Cannon W/Havoc by Prymaxe
- (2011-05-17) Caroline Guitar Company - Wave Cannon Demo by Effects Bay
- (2011-05-26) Caroline Guitar Co. Wave Cannon Demo! by Fat Tone Guitars
- (2011-05-29) Caroline Guitar Company: WAVE CANNON (with PRS Studio and HIWATT SA212) by Burgerman666
- (2011-06-10) Caroline Guitar Company Wave Cannon Pedal by guitarworld
- (2011-06-22) Caroline Guitar Company Wave Cannon & Toneczar Echoczar Demo by Tibbon
- (2011-07-01) Making a Caroline Wave Cannon by Caroline Guitar Company
- (2011-08-02) Caroline Wave Cannon by ProGuitarShopDemos
- (2011-08-11) Caroline Wave Cannon pedal demo Bobby DeVito HCFX Pedal Party by Bobby DeVito
- (2011-10-14) Caroline Wave Cannon by popintothechemist
- (2011-10-26) Caroline Wave Cannon w/ Mark Karan "rollbar" Mod by Caroline Guitar Company
- (2012-01-10) Caroline Guitar Company Wave Cannon by JetCityMusic
- (2012-02-03) Cannonball #13 - havoc test by Caroline Guitar Company
- (2012-10-03) Caroline Guitar Company Wave Cannon Overdrive, Icarus Boost, Olympia Fuzz by Tibbon
- (2013-07-15) Caroline Guitar Wave Cannon Custom with Havoc by MusicToyz
- (2014-11-12) Caroline Guitar Company - Cannonball by Curtis Kent Toneworks
- (2016-05-16) Caroline Wave Cannon Demo (#54) by Evening/Morning Guitars
- (2017-02-09) #tbt with Caroline Guitar Company running my Purple Haze Wah through a Wave Cannon. Psychedlisize by Esterly Electronics
- (2017-03-30) So here's a quick Wave Cannon 1/Cannonball vs Wave Cannon MKII comparison. You can see that they can be dialed to sound 98% the same on many settings with some EQ fiddling. But really, this was just an excuse to play AC/DC in the office. I'm dy-no-mite! by Caroline Guitar Company