Caroline Guitar Company
Everybody has a different idea of what a “clean” boost is supposed to be. At Caroline, they think there’s a distinction to be made between clean and plain. This motivated them to make ICARUS™.
Sometimes a booster is placed in front of other overdrives or effects to push them into clip or improve their performance. Other times, players use them to raise the overall volume of a clean amp, or push an amplifier on the verge of breaking up into saturation. There are also other situations where a booster is used to distinguish the lead or standout parts with a different tone.
Icarus™ excels at all of these. Its simple layout starts with a “wings” (boost) control that dials up plenty of gain and power. While the low-impedance output instantly eliminates the effect of long cable lengths, the “sun” (treble) control can be dialed down to a natural level of capacitance that is more natural and pleasing sounding to the ear, or dramatically darken and thicken the tone.
- (2011-12-03) Caroline Guitar Company ICARUS Boost by MusicToyz
- (2011-12-10) Andy Wood SEGAS 2011 - Caroline Icarus & Owens Electric Mandolin by Caroline Guitar Company
- (2011-12-30) Caroline Guitar Company Icarus Boost by JetCityMusic
- (2012-09-17) Caroline Guitar Company: ICARUS BOOST by Burgerman666
- (2012-10-03) Caroline Guitar Company Wave Cannon Overdrive, Icarus Boost, Olympia Fuzz by Tibbon
- (2013-06-28) Caroline Guitar Icarus Boost pedal, demo by Pete Thorn/Vintage King by Pete Thorn
- (2013-07-18) Icarus Boost Pedal by Curtis Kent Toneworks