Carl Martin Compressor/Limiter has been specially developed to incorporate the same features and sonic clarity found in high quality professional studio compressors. To achieve this we incorporated a variable threshold, -variable compression ratio, -variable attack and release controls and of course, a gain level.
General Guidelines on the use of the Compressor/Limiter:
- Threshold: Working anti clockwise, determines how much of the signal will be compressed. This is also dependent on how much signal is fed from the instrument.
- Comp: Working clockwise, determines how much compression is applied to the signal allowed by the threshold setting.
- Resp: Working clockwise, determines the attack/release times, going from slow to fast. In general, if you want to hear the compressor working with a crisp attack you should use slow times. If you require just a silent limiting you should use fast times.
- Gain: Working clockwise, sets the overall gain.
- Busy: Indicates the amount of compression being applied, even in bypass mode. The brighter it gets, the more compression is being applied.
- (2011-02-27) Michael Thompson demonstrating Carl Martin Compressor and TremO'Vibe by selaneproductions
- (2011-11-06) Yogi Lonich Demonstrating Carl Martin Compressor by selaneproductions
- (2013-03-21) CARL MARTIN COMPRESSOR LIMITER DEMO BY SIMONE CAPUTO by Goldmusicsrl
- (2013-08-16) Rafael Moreira Demonstrating Carl Martin Compressor & DC Drive by selaneproductions
- (2013-11-19) Carl Martin Compressor/Limiter demo by James Mulvaney by jamesm5744
- (2014-04-02) Mark Zavon Kill Devil Hill Gear Carl Martin Effects Pedals by selaneproductions
- (2014-11-10) Carl Martin Comp and Echo with Magnatone Amp by Carl Martin
- (2015-01-23) Mike Plotnikoff | Carl Martin | Compressor by selaneproductions
- (2015-01-23) Hatch Inagaki | Carl Martin | Compressor by selaneproductions
- (2015-08-20) Carl Martin Compressor / Limiter - Comp Pedal Review by EytschPi42
- (2016-05-10) Carl Martin Compressor Limiter by reverbmarket
- (2016-05-11) Bass Riff of the Day in 30 seconds, 53 Cake by the Ocean (DNCE) Carl Martin Compressor by Carlo Chirio