Have you ever wanted two distinctly different vintage ‘wah’ sounds at your feet? Perhaps you wished for a brighter wah for rhythm work and a deeper, darker wah for leads; and the ability to switch back and forth quickly? Well, Carl Martin has been busy creating your wish; the 2 Wah. This familiar looking, retro-styled pedal, has an all-metal casing with a non-slip foot pad. It can be powered by 9v battery, but we always recommend using a regulated power supply (like the Carl Martin Big John Power Supply) for maximum headroom and effect. Input is on the right and output on the left (remember your Wah should be the first pedal in your chain), and the standard effect on-off by stepping on the front of the rocker to engage the true bypass on-off switch. There are two three-way mode switches on the front of the 2 Wah marked Low (red LED) and High (green LED). These are connected to an on-off switch at the back of the pedal (step on back of rocker to engage this switch). The three low and the three high settings are recreations of six of the most popular vintage wah sounds since the beginning of wah. The Attack knob allows you to fine-tune exactly how you want the rocker to modulate your guitar signal. Six different wah sounds, from Hendrix to Trower to Earth Wind & Fire and beyond, all in one pedal. So why didn’t we call it the 6 Wah? Well you would have to ask Carl...
- (2009-04-06) Carl Martin 2Wah Video Test by MusicOffCommunity
- (2011-10-12) Producer Big Chris Flores Talk Carl Martin Effects 2 wah, Echotone and more. by selaneproductions
- (2011-10-27) Yogi Lonich Demonstrating Carl Martin 2 Wah by selaneproductions
- (2015-08-13) Carl Martin 2Wah - Wah Pedal Review by EytschPi42
- (2015-11-30) Carl Martin 2Wah by Robert Baker - 30 Pedals in 30 Days 2015 by The Tone King