Our creation is re-calling the early 1965 John Hornby Skewes Zonk MachineÂ®. The circuit was almost identical to its golden cousin the legendary Tone benderÂ® MK-I, its sound was more complex, aggresive and dynamic. Thus, the tone retains the subtlety of your playing.
These pedal are tone machine, Kindly use an amp that has some mild grit, the addition of that point is the key to the tone. If the attack is set between 9 and 12 oâ€™clock you will have a nice crunchy power chord punch, dial it up to 2 and the tone is to die for! just chunky, thick and fat. If you push the fuzz all the way out it will get crazy thick, gnary and buzz just like the original.
- Hand matched and measured NOS Mullard OC75 black glass and NOS Russian germanium transistor
- Vishay, Xicon, Mallory capacitor
- Xicon carboncomp resistor
- High quality Neutrik socket
- Dust proof Alpha potentiometer
- 3PDT true bypass
- Point-to-point wiring
- Onboard voltage inverter (can be connect to DC-powered pedal, 9 volt DC adapter or chained power supply).
- Internal bias trimpot (allows you to compensate various temperatures).