With loop mania sweeping the globe, BOSS proudly announces the most powerful Loop Station ever brought to the market — the RC-300. The new flagship looper features three synchronized stereo tracks with dedicated volume knobs and transport-control footswitches for each track. It’s also equipped with pro effects, a master Expression pedal, and a deluxe, ultra-wide control panel for the ultimate in live-performance manipulation. Plug in your guitar, bass, keyboard, or instrument of choice and create amazing loops in real time. An XLR input is also provided, complete with phantom power, so singers, percussionists, violinists, beatboxers, or anyone with a mic’d instrument can get in on the act, too. The RC-300 lets you record for up to three hours directly to its internal memory, adding effects as you go. The USB port lets you save your loops externally, as well as import/export WAV files. Step into the most powerful and inspiring Loop Station in BOSS history. It’s the creative powerhouse that musicians have been dreaming of!
- Three stereo tracks with dedicated footswitches and controls for each
- Dedicated fader per track
- Expression pedal for effects control in real time
- Up to three hours of internal recording and 99 onboard memories
- 16 onboard effects optimized for looping
- XLR Microphone input with phantom power
- USB storage; import/export WAV files
Triple Stereo Loops
Create, stack, and manipulate multi-layered loops with the RC-300's three stereo tracks — each track being independently controllable. The “Auto Recording” feature starts recording the moment you begin playing your instrument, or as soon as you start a connected audio player. Count-In mode gives you one-bar of rhythm before recording starts. You can Undo/Redo as you go. The sky's the limit with three hours of recording time!
The RC-300's ultra-wide pedalboard is equipped with an Expression pedal (which can be assigned to a variety of parameters) and enlarged footswitches for controlling REC/PLAY and STOP for each track. There's also a master ALL START/STOP footswitch onboard. Additionally, three independent faders provide immediate control of each track's output volume. And if that’s not enough control under your hands and feet, you can also connect external Expression pedals and footswitches (sold separately).
Process your tracks and external-input signals with the RC-300's expressive onboard effects, including Transpose, Flanger, Phaser, Modulator, vocal effects, and more. A dedicated LOOP FX footswitch is provided for instant activation of the onboard effects. Control the effects parameters in real time with the Expression pedal for hands-free creativity onstage. You can apply the effects to any single track as well as to the entire mix, expanding your creativity and musical expression.
Rhythm Guide and Preloaded Audio
To keep your loops tight and in time, you can play along with one of the cool rhythm patterns in the RC-300's onboard library as you record; the Loop Quantize feature helps you having your recordings looped in time. Dozens of rhythm types are onboard, including rock, pop, shuffle, Latin, and more. A dedicated knob lets you adjust the volume of the rhythm, and you can set the tempo incrementally or via tap tempo. You can also specify the time signature. When you save a phrase, the rhythm type and time signature will also be saved. To get you up and running right away, the RC-300 comes preloaded with audio backing tracks (including bass tracks, piano tracks, etc.) for instant play-along performance and fun.
Connect the RC-300 to your computer via a standard USB cable, and back up your phrases externally for safekeeping. You can import and export WAV files between your computer and the RC-300; 16-bit/44.1kHz WAV files of up to 1.7GB in size can be imported.
In addition to recording your instrument performances and turning them into playable loops, you can record other external stereo audio sources via the AUX IN. Sounds from a digital-audio player or other device connected to the AUX input can easily be recorded and added to your loop performance.
Boss press release
Los Angeles, CA, September 15, 2011 — BOSS is pleased to introduce the RC-300 Loop Station, the new flagship model in its industry-leading lineup of real-time phrase loopers. Equipped with multitrack loop phrases, three hours of stereo recording time, built-in effects, enhanced real-time control options, USB, and much more, the RC-300 is a dream machine for the growing legions of instrumentalists and vocalists that incorporate live looping in their musical performances.
The RC-300 replaces the popular RC-50, improving on its powerful predecessor in nearly every way. Like the RC-50, it’s housed in an ultra-durable metal chassis that’s built to last, and offers 99 different memory locations, each with three independent stereo or mono loop phrases. But, the RC-300 ups the ante big time with three hours of recording and loop storage, more than seven times the amount available in the RC-50. The RC-300 also provides newly enhanced options for controlling loop phrases, including dedicated REC/DUB/PLAY and STOP footswitches for each phrase, an ALL START/STOP footswitch, and an expression pedal for real-time effects control.
The RC-300’s interface is simple to navigate, with a comprehensive display and many dedicated knobs, buttons, and status indicators. In addition, three faders provide for quick mixing of loop phrases. Onboard effects allow users to process their audio sources and loops with cool sounds such as slicer, filter, transpose, and many more. Effects are optimized for looping and can automatically sync to the tempo track. There’s even a handy effect for getting a bass sound with a regular guitar, as well as a host of modern vocal effects.
Users have an array of options for connecting various audio devices via the RC-300’s well-stocked rear panel. Inputs include an XLR microphone jack with phantom power, mono or stereo instrument jacks, and an AUX jack for connecting an external music player or other stereo device. All the inputs can be used simultaneously, giving performers the ability to instantly record loops with any connected sound source. Stereo outputs include independent MAIN and SUB jacks, and a headphone jack for practice or stage monitoring.
USB allows for connecting to a computer to import/export WAV loop phrases. MIDI I/O is included as well. Rounding out the rear panel are jacks for connecting optional BOSS footswitches (up to four) and/or expression pedals (up to two), providing additional real-time control options for looping power users.
The RC-300 is expected to ship in November with an MSRP of $768.50.
- (2011-09-14) Roland?BOSS?RC-300??????? by musicmasterjp
- (2011-09-15) RC-300 Loop Station Overview by Boss
- (2011-09-15) Introducing the RC-300 Loop Station. by Boss
- (2011-09-16) RC-300 Loop Station: Performance #2 by Boss
- (2011-09-16) RC-300 Loop Station: Performance #1 by Boss
- (2011-10-29) BOSS RC-300 song 2 Nl subt by Roland Television
- (2011-10-29) BOSS RC-300 song 2 FR subt by Roland Television
- (2011-10-29) BOSS RC-300 song 1 NL subt by Roland Television
- (2011-10-29) BOSS RC-300 song 1 FR subt by Roland Television
- (2012-01-27) NAMM 2012 - THE BEST DEMO YOU'VE EVER SEEN! Boss RC300 by guitarworld
- (2012-02-20) BOSS RC-300 DEMO by surfnorthwest1
- (2012-02-21) BOSS RC-300 Rico Loop NAMM 2012 Demo by Roland
- (2013-09-03) Boss RC-300 Review by DawsonsMusic
- (2014-12-05) BOSS RC-300 Loop Station Pedal Review - Sweetwater Sound by Sweetwater Sound
- (2015-01-08) BOSS loop artist Rico Loop demonstrates the RC-300 Loop Station at NAMM 2012. http://www.bossus.com/gear/productdetails.php?ProductId=1182 by Roland
- (2016-06-01) Boss RC300 Loop Station Guitar Pedal - Demo by Nevada Music UK
- (2016-12-06) Cranbourne Music Opening Festival - Boss RC 300 Loop Station by cranbournemusic
- (2017-05-24) Boss Loopery a Alex Hutchings (RC-1, RC-3, RC-300) by KytaryCZ