BOSS Announces RV-500 Reverb And MD-500 Modulation
The popular 500 series expands with two all-new pedal models
Los Angeles, CA, June 23, 2017 â€” BOSS announces the RV-500 Reverb and MD-500 Modulation, two new effect pedals with 32-bit/96 kHz AD/DA, deep programmability, and advanced features. The pedals share the basic design of the companion DD-500 Digital Delay, a best-seller thatâ€™s has been lauded for its great sound, powerful editing capabilities, intuitive interface, and expressive real-time control. Carrying on the DD-500 benchmark, the RV-500 and MD-500 offer musicians unlimited creative capabilities with cutting-edge BOSS technology.
The versatile MD-500 provides 12 modes and 28 different mod effects. Included are BOSSâ€™s famous chorus and Rolandâ€™s legendary Dimension D, plus flanger, tremolo, phaser, vibe, slicer, ring mod, and more. Many effect modes include advanced Prime variations newly developed for the MD-500. Simul mode enables using two patches at once, while the Insert Loop function lets the user position mod effects around external pedals for the best sound.
- Studio-level sound with first-in-class 32-bit AD/DA, 32-bit floating point processing, and 96 kHz sampling rate
- 12 modes and 28 modulation types, all with deep editing parameters
- Classic mod effects and BOSS originals, newly enhanced with cutting-edge technology
- A/B Simul mode for using two patches at once, with your choice of series/parallel connection and mixed or split A/B output
- Insert Loop function allows you to use mod effects before, after, or around drive pedals
- Graphic LCD and intensive real-time control options
- 297 onboard patch memories and hands-on controls
- Selectable buffered-bypass or true-bypass operation
- MIDI I/O for interfacing with MIDI control devices
- USB-MIDI for connecting to the MD-500 Editor/Librarian or a DAW (to be available in early July 2017)
- Runs on four AA-size batteries or PSA-series AC adapter