Roland (press release January 19, 2016)
BOSS Unveils Waza Craft VB-2W Vibrato - Legendary analog pedal reborn with new custom features
The NAMM Show, Anaheim, CA, January 19, 2016 — BOSS (Booth 300A, Level 3) is pleased to announce the VB-2W Vibrato, the latest addition to the acclaimed Waza Craft lineup of special edition pedals. Based on the classic BOSS VB-2 Vibrato pedal from the 1980s, the VB-2W uses 100-percent analog circuitry to completely recreate the original’s distinctive, sought-after sound. In addition, the pedal features a new Custom sound mode and real-time control functions that extend the range and versatility of the effect for today’s players.
Originally produced from 1982 to 1986, the VB-2 Vibrato is a rare BOSS pedal that has become highly prized on the used market through the years. This innovative analog stompbox creates vibrato with true pitch modulation, enabling guitarists and bassists to achieve rich, expressive effects without physically bending their strings. For example, players can easily produce consistent, controlled vibrato sounds similar to fretless string instruments like violin and cello, and apply natural vibrato to full chords without using a whammy bar. At extreme settings, the pedal is also capable of warble sounds and dramatic special effects.
With the Waza Craft VB-2W, BOSS has recreated the original pedal while adding more range and control. In Standard mode, the VB-2W faithfully reproduces the warm, BBD-driven analog tone of the VB-2. Like the original, the user can adjust the vibrato rate and depth, and also control the time it takes for the effect to reach full intensity (called the “rise time”). A Latch setting provides normal stompbox on/off control, while Unlatch engages the effect only when the pedal switch is held, perfect for naturally applying vibrato effects as needed while playing.
Flipping the VB-2W’s mode switch to Custom produces a newly developed vibrato tone that offers more depth than the original effect. In addition, a low-pass filter moves along with the pitch for bold low-range tones. The VB-2W also features a jack for controlling the effect depth with an optional expression pedal, or via the powerful external control capabilities of the BOSS ES-8 Effects Switching System.
- (2016-01-19) BOSS VB-2W Vibrato featuring Neil Swanson by Boss
- (2016-01-19) BOSS VB-2W Vibrato Sound Examples by Neil Swanson by Boss
- (2016-01-19) NEW PRODUCT: BOSS VB-2W Vibrato http://www.au.boss.info/products/bc-1x Ahead of its time when it debuted in 1982, the VB-2 Vibrato has been rediscovered by modern players looking to create unique guitar textures with stompbox effects. Now, the progress by Boss Australia
- (2016-01-20) BOSS VB-2W Vibrato featuring Neil Swanson The Waza craftsmanship authentically reproduces the progressive spirit of the VB-2 with the innovative new vibrato mode and real-time control function for enhanced expression. http://www.boss.info/products/vb-2 by Boss
- (2016-01-20) BOSS VB-2W Vibrato Demo at GAK by GAK
- (2016-01-21) New From NAMM 2016: Boss Wazacraft VB-2W Vibrato Pedal by GuitarCenterTV
- (2016-01-22) Boss WAZA VB-2W Vibrato by Gear4music
- (2016-01-23) Boss Waza Amp, Vibrato VB-2W, Roland Blues Cube and the Boss VO-1 from the Winter NAMM Show 2016 by reverbmarket
- (2016-01-24) Boss Waza Craft Vibrato VB-2 - Cosmo Music at NAMM 2016 by Cosmo Music
- (2016-01-25) NAMM 2016 - Roland Blues Cube Amp & Boss VB2W Waza Craft Vibrato Pedal by guitarworld
- (2016-01-27) Boss VB2 Waza Craft - NAMM 2016 by SoundOnSound
- (2016-02-04) Meet the latest pedal to join the WAZA Craft family: the BOSS VB-2W Vibrato. The original BOSS VB-2 is one of the most sought-after vintage BOSS pedals and is now reborn in all of its analog glory. Standard Mode sees the same circuitry as the original wit by Boss Australia
- (2016-02-07) The new BOSS VB-2W WAZA Craft Vibrato has two modes; STANDARD and CUSTOM. This video shows the difference between the two; STANDARD mode provides a true reproduction of the vintage VB-2 Vibrato sound and CUSTOM mode features a totally new vibrato sound wi by Boss Australia
- (2016-02-08) The original BOSS VB-2 Vibrato was known not only for its rich, pulsating pitch-shifting tone but for the ability to use LATCH mode to add a vibrato effect by holding down the pedal. LATCH Mode is found on the new BOSS VB-2W WAZA Craft Vibrato - providing by Boss Australia
- (2016-02-12) Guitar Paradiso - BOSS WAZA Craft Pedals including the new VB2-W Vibrato by AndertonsMusic
- (2016-02-26) BOSS VB2W Waza Craft Vibrato Pedal Review by DawsonsMusic
- (2016-03-02) BOSS VB-2W Waza Craft Vibrato Pedal Review by Sweetwater by Sweetwater Sound
- (2016-03-05) BOSS VO-1 & VB-2w????? ????????????????????? by Ishibashi
- (2016-04-26) Boss VB-2w Vibrato by The SuperFunAwesomeHappyTime Pedal Show!
- (2016-05-11) Review Demo - Boss VB-2w Vibrato by Premier Guitar
- (2016-06-21) Boss Ultimate Blues Capsule, Blues Cube Hot, Waza Craft Vibrato NAMM 2016 by Nevada Music UK
- (2016-08-02) Boss Waza Craft Vibrato VB-2w Guitar Effects Pedal Review by iguitarmag
- (2016-08-18) ADDING DIMENSION TO YOUR CLEAN TONE: Just like it's 1980's predecessor, the BOSS VB-2W Vibrato pedal uses an all-analog BBD chip to generate it's lush tones. Whilst it's number one use is producing "wiggly" analog vibrato sounds, the VB-2W has another by Boss Australia
- (2016-09-10) Stompbox Saturday No.69 : Boss Waza Craft VB-2w (Vibrato Pedal Demo & Review) by SeanPierceJohnson
- (2016-10-21) Boss Waza Craft VB-2w Vibrato Pedal by guitarworld
- (2017-08-07) Pedals And Effects: Boss VB-2 vs. VB-2w by PedalsAndEffects