Look No Further. The Answer for Looping is BOSS!
The BOSS RC-1 is our simplest and most user-friendly Loop Station ever, and it’s a ton of fun! Since the RC-20 Loop Station was first released in 2001, BOSS has led the way by continually releasing new looping products. Though they’ve been used and enjoyed by various looping artists and performers, BOSS still pursued an easier and more affordable solution. The RC-1 is a straightforward looper that is easy to operate. Experience the fun of looping when you record, playback, overdub, and undo or redo loops using this compact BOSS stompbox. And of course, the RC-1 retains the BOSS quality and performance that musicians around the world have come to expect and rely on.
On the top panel, there is a new and innovative loop indicator, which consists of a 24-segment LED laid out in a circular pattern. You can quickly and easily determine the current status of the Rec/Overdub/Play modes. With a maximum 12 minutes of stereo recording time, the RC-1 is capable of capturing any extended performance that you can create or imagine! The stereo in/out jacks can be used with stereo effects and amplifiers. Additionally, they allow you to connect stereo instruments, such as synthesizers. Other convenient features include battery and AC power, as well as flexible external footswitching capabilities. The RC-1 is an especially great partner to start enjoying looping!
- Straightforward and easy to operate
- Newly designed loop indicator displays the current loop mode (Rec/Overdub/Play)
- Runs on a single 9-volt alkaline battery (approximately 4.5 hours of battery life)
- Can be used with an optional AC adaptor (PSA series: sold separately)
- 12 minutes of stereo recording time
- Stereo inputs and outputs
- Flexible external footswitch options
- Recorded phrase is retained in memory even after the RC-1 is turned off
You’ll never be “out of the loop.”
Everyone always wants to be “in the loop,” but with other loopers, you may not have enough recording time to capture every phrase that you want for your masterpiece. With its 12 minutes of stereo recording time, the RC-1 has the most stereo recording time in its class.
Is the RC-1 the right choice for you?
It doesn’t matter if you’re a beginner or a concert touring professional. The RC-1 is a great choice for any guitarist, bassist or keyboardist concerned with usability and simplicity while having lots of fun!
What are some applications for the RC-1?
You can incorporate the RC-1 into your existing pedalboard or effects system. It’s also a great way to learn, practice or improve your playing by quickly and easily creating your own backing track to jam along with. You can also loop stereo instruments like synthesizers and have a ball playing along.
Is that new loop indicator just eye candy?
Well, yes and no. Sure, it’s cool to look at, but the new indicator on the RC-1 is also very innovative and useful. You can clearly and easily see the current status of the Rec/Overdub/Play modes. You can also switch the indicator to an alternate mode, which visually tracks your loop. During overdubbing and playback, the speed at which the indicator rotates directly corresponds to the length of the loop.
What’s up with the stereo inputs and outputs?
Apparently, some other products are based on the belief that mono recording and playback is good enough for you. In this day and age, we here at BOSS believe that it’s not too much for you to expect a stereo looper. With stereo inputs and outputs, you can record and playback your creations in stereo, the way music was intended to be played, performed, and enjoyed.
Why would I want an external footswitch?
The optional FS-7 makes footswitching even simpler and easier! And, its compact size won’t take up much space on your pedal board. Pressing the “A” switch will stop the Rec/Overdub/Play mode. Hold down the “A” switch for two seconds or longer to erase the phrase. By pressing the “B” switch, you can easily undo or redo your phrase. It’s that easy!
- Nominal Input Level: -20 dBu
- Input Impedance: 1 M ohm
- Nominal Output Level: -20 dBu
- Output Impedance: 1 k ohm
- Recommended Load Impedance: 10 k ohms or greater
- Pedal switch
- LEVEL knob
- CHECK indicator
- LOOP indicator
- INPUT A (MONO) jack: 1/4-inch phone type
- INPUT B jack: 1/4-inch phone type
- OUTPUT A (MONO) jack: 1/4-inch phone type
- OUTPUT B jack: 1/4-inch phone type
- STOP/UNDO jack: 1/4-inch TRS phone type
- DC IN jack
- Power Supply:
- Alkaline battery (9 V, 6LR61), rechargeable Ni-MH batteries cannot be used.
- AC adaptor (sold separately)
- Current Draw: 85 mA
- Expected battery life under continuous use: Alkaline: Approx. 4.5 hours
- Owner's manual
- Leaflet ("USING THE UNIT SAFELY," "IMPORTANT NOTES," and "Information")
- Alkaline battery (9 V, 6LR61)
- Options (sold separately):
- AC adaptor: PSA series
- Footswitch: FS-5U, FS-6, FS-7
- Size and Weight:
- Width: 73 mm / 2-7/8 inches
- Depth: 129 mm / 5-1/8 inches
- Height: 59 mm / 2-6/16 inches
- Weight: 440 g / 0 lbs. 16 oz.
Boss (press release September 1, 2014)
Los Angeles, CA, September 1, 2014 — BOSS is proud to announce the RC-1 Loop Station, the new entry-level model in the company’s acclaimed lineup of dedicated loop recording devices. Battery-powered and affordable, the RC-1’s straightforward operation makes it easier than ever for guitarists, bassists, and other musicians to incorporate the fun of looping into their live performances and practice sessions.
For well over a decade, BOSS has led the industry in loop recording technology. Five current Loop Station products serve the needs of all types of musicians, and looping functions are integrated into many other BOSS products as well. Designed with guitarists and bassists in mind, the RC-1 sheds the more sophisticated features found in other Loop Stations, offering a streamlined approach that will appeal to both beginning players and advanced musicians who like to keep things simple.
Built to record loops and nothing else, the RC-1 is all about instant musical satisfaction and creative enjoyment. Housed in the famous, ultra-durable BOSS compact pedal case, the stripped-down RC-1 lets players experience the fun of spontaneous loop creation with no complicated controls or features to get in the way.
Loop recording has never been more intuitive and hassle-free than it is with the RC-1. Record, overdub, play/stop, undo/redo, and clear operations are all accomplished with one integrated pedal, while the loop level is controlled with the panel’s single knob. The unique circular loop indicator features 24 multi-colored LEDs, providing instant feedback on the operation mode and cycle status of the current loop.
The RC-1 offers high-quality sound with up to 12 full minutes of stereo recording time. The last loop session is stored in memory even when the power is turned off, so players can preserve their performances for the next practice session or gig. The pedal can be powered with an optional PSA-series AC adapter or a single 9-volt battery. Up to 4.5 hours of battery operation provides great convenience for busking, street performing, open-mic nights, and other mobile playing situations.
Just like other BOSS compact pedals, the RC-1 integrates easily onto a pedalboard loaded with other stomps. Dual inputs and outputs let guitarists and bassists with sophisticated effects setups loop in true stereo. By using just one input and one output, the RC-1 can be used in a standard mono rig as well. Stereo operation also allows synth players to loop without sacrificing the rich, full stereo sound of their instruments.
Users can connect an optional external pedal to the RC-1 to expand their real-time control options if desired. The new FS-7 Dual Footswitch is an ideal companion, offering control of the looper’s stop, clear, and undo/redo functions in an extremely compact footprint. The FS-7 includes status LEDs, and comes with a DC splitter cable to allow a single PSA adapter to provide power to both the RC-1 and FS-7.
- (2014-09-01) RC-1 Loop Station performed by Joe Robinson by Boss
- (2014-11-21) RC-1 Loop Station Demonstration [BOSS Sound Check] by Boss
- (2014-12-12) BOSS RC-1 Loop Station Review by DawsonsMusic
- (2014-12-17) Record a Loop with the BOSS RC-1 Loop Station by Boss Australia
- (2015-03-28) Stompbox Saturday : March 28, 2015 : Boss RC-1 Loop Station by SeanPierceJohnson
- (2015-04-08) BOSS RC-1 Loop Station Pedal Review | Guitar Ineractive Magazine by iguitarmag
- (2015-05-13) BOSS RC-1 Loop Station Pedal by Allans Music + Billy Hyde
- (2015-07-31) Mark Hopkins of Berklee Online shows us how to use the BOSS RC-1 Loop Station as a practice, sound check, and performance tool. Download Berklee Online?s free Guitar Handbook PDF for even more exclusive guitar lessons: http://bit.ly/1JS3T3h by Boss
- (2015-11-10) ??????????Cole Clark?Boss RC-1??? by Ishibashi
- (2015-11-16) BOSS RC-1 Looper - Demo & Review - 30 Pedals in 30 Days 2015 by The Tone King
- (2015-11-16) BOSS RC-1 Looper - Unboxing - 30 Pedals in 30 Days 2015 by The Tone King
- (2016-04-28) Boss PW3 Mini Wah & Boss RC1 Looper by RobChappers
- (2016-05-19) Boss RC-1 Loop Station Pedal Demo by Nevada Music UK
- (2016-08-01) Joe Robinson performs on the BOSS RC-1 LoopStation by Boss
- (2016-11-19) RC-1 Loop Station performed by Joe Robinson by Boss Australia
- (2016-12-01) Boss RC-1 Loop Station by reverbmarket
- (2017-01-18) BOSS RC-1?????????????????????????????? by Ishibashi
- (2017-05-24) Boss Loopery a Alex Hutchings (RC-1, RC-3, RC-300) by KytaryCZ