The unique FB-2 Feedbacker/Booster packs a world of expressive, versatile boost into a single stompbox. Seamlessly morph from flat, clean boost that doesn’t spoil the nuance of the original tone to an amazing mid boost for high-gain solos, or dial up a bright and clear treble boost to lighten the tone. And that’s only half of the picture…the FB-2 can generate smooth and natural amp feedback as well. The FB-2’s versatile tone, simple operation, and low noise are made possible through BOSS' latest technology and decades of know how.
- Wide tonal variety, from flat, clean boost to powerful mid-boost and bright, clear treble boost
- Boost characteristics can be changed continuously and smoothly from one knob
- Responds expressively and accurately to picking nuances, even at high-boost settings
- Versatile tone, simple operation, and low noise
- Advanced Feedback function provides smooth and natural amp feedback
The FB-2 generates a full spectrum of boost flavors. The continuously variable CHARACTER and TONE knobs let you easily and instantly dial in your ideal settings — from flat, clean boost to powerful mid-boost and bright, clear treble boost and all shades in between. The FB-2 also responds perfectly to your picking dynamics. Even with the boost level cranked, the FB-2 never obscures your subtle picking nuances.
Boost is only half of the FB-2’s story. By pressing and holding the pedal, you can instantly obtain smooth, stable, and natural feedback. The FB-2’s feedback is authentic and true, not an artificial, oscillator-driven sound.
There are two primary types of feedback that occur while playing an electric guitar. One happens when a guitar string naturally resonates with the audio from an amp and/or PA. The other occurs when a guitar pickup receives sound from an amp and/or PA and oscillates into frequencies that cause unwanted high screeching. The FB-2’s Feedback function automatically detects the sweet spot and then boosts the signal into a preferable, naturally smooth feedback tone.
BOSS compact pedals are world-famous for their great sound as well as their road-tough construction, consistency, and reliability. The FB-2 inherits this BOSS-proven design, offering guitarists a solidly constructed pedal that's built to withstand decades of demanding use.
Boss press release
Los Angeles, CA, September 15, 2011 — BOSS is pleased to announce the powerful FB-2 Feedbacker/Booster, the latest addition to its famous lineup of compact pedals. Combining an adjustable tone/gain boost with the ability to kick in a natural cranked-amp feedback sound at will, the FB-2 is a unique stompbox that gives guitarists a world of new expressive possibilities.
Booster pedals have become extremely popular with guitar players in recent years. Many different types are available, ranging from straight-up gain boosters to tone enhancers that boost treble or midrange frequencies. Using the latest BOSS technology, the FB-2 incorporates the most sought-after booster types—as well as their unique sound characteristics and sensitivity to playing dynamics—all in one convenient and affordable pedal.
The intuitive CHARACTER knob allows for variable adjustment over the tonality of the FB-2’s boost function. The counter-clockwise position provides a flat, clean boost that doesn’t change your tone. As it's moved towards the center position, the low is cut off and mids start to lift up gradually. Cranking the knob higher boosts mids while decreasing the treble, delivering fat tones that are perfect for solo playing. Additional sound-shaping controls include BOOST LEVEL and TONE. For instance, twisting the TONE knob higher at the lower position of the CHARACTER knob provides treble boost for presence and shimmer.
But boost is only half of the story—the FB-2 also provides the dynamic, responsive tone of natural guitar amp feedback in a stompbox. Traditional guitar feedback occurs when the amplifier is turned up loud enough to interact with the guitar’s string vibrations. The resulting feedback gives a warm expressive sustain, but requires loud volumes and careful physical interaction with the amp’s speakers.
The FB-2 gives players instant access to smooth and natural feedback simply by holding the pedal’s footswitch. It is noteworthy that the feedback is authentic and true, not an artificial, oscillator-driven sound. The FB-2 creates natural, authentic feedback on the note that you play without the unwanted squealing. Additionally, the FEEDBACK knob adjusts the time taken to boost the point of frequency to feedback.
The FB-2 Feedbacker/Booster will be available in November with an MSRP of $192.50.
- (2011-09-15) FB-2 Feedbacker/Booster Overview by Boss
- (2011-09-16) FB-2 Feedbacker/Booster: Sound Demo by Boss
- (2011-09-16) FB-2 Overview by Boss
- (2011-09-26) FB-2 Feedbacker/Booster [BOSS Sound Check] by Boss
- (2011-11-03) BOSS FB-2 by Roland Television
- (2011-11-11) Sweetwater Minute - Vol. 118, BOSS FB-2/BC-2 Pedal Demo by Sweetwater Sound
- (2011-11-18) ??????BOSS FB-2 Feedbacker Booster by Chuya Online
- (2011-12-03) BOSS?FB-2?????? by Toy Love
- (2012-01-09) Boss BC-2 Combo Drive and FB-2 Feedback/Booster Pedals by guitarworld
- (2012-08-13) Boss FB-2 Feedbacker/ Booster by ProGuitarShopDemos
- (2013-11-02) BOSS FB-2 Feedbacker/Booster Overview by Musiciansfriend
- (2013-11-13) BOSS DF-2 Super Feedbacker & Distortion vs BOSS FB-2 Feedbacker/Booster by I Heart Guitar Blog
- (2013-12-10) ??????BOSS FB-2 Feedbacker / Booster?BOSS COMPACT PEDAL 100th ANNIVERSARY!!? by Chuya Online
- (2015-04-07) Boss ??? FeedbackerBooster FB-2 by BuzzbeeTV
- (2015-04-27) Boss Pedal Review 49: FB-2 Feedbacker/ Booster by Cameron Johnson