Roland (press release January 19, 2016)
BOSS Announces BC-1X Bass Comp
Studio-quality multi-band compressor pedal for bassists
The NAMM Show, Anaheim, CA, January 19, 2016 — BOSS (Booth 300A, Level 3) is pleased to announce the BC-1X Bass Comp, an all-new compact pedal designed for bass. Driven by advanced BOSS technology, the BC-1X provides studio-level multi-band compression specifically optimized for the needs of performing and recording bassists. Transparent, powerful and easy to use, the BC-1X allows the player to dial in a wide range of compression without altering their fundamental bass tone.
Released one year ago, the BB-1X Bass Driver has become a favorite of players everywhere thanks to its great tone-shaping ability and useful functions. Now, the BC-1X Bass Comp leverages the massive power of innovative MDP technology to bring another essential tool to bassists.
Simple and intuitive to operate, the BC-1X is equipped with the familiar Ratio, Threshold, Release and Level controls found in studio compressors. A 16-segment gain reduction meter clearly displays the amount of compression at all times, a high-end feature rarely seen in a stompbox compressor. Unlike typical compressors that work on the entire signal at once, the BC-1X employs multi-band compression, where different frequency ranges are processed separately to create a more refined and pure overall sound.
While the BC-1X’s controls are straightforward, there’s a lot of complex processing going on when the knobs are turned, making it easy to get great sounds at any setting. As the user plays, the MDP engine analyzes the signal and applies the appropriate amount of compression based on frequency range and playing dynamics. This ensures that the sound is even and balanced at all times, and that the instrument’s voice always remains true, even with extreme compressor settings.
The BC-1X’s input circuitry provides pro-level performance, with ample headroom for hot signals from active basses. The pedal also features extremely low noise in comparison with other compressors, another benefit brought by MDP technology.
- (2016-01-19) BOSS BC-1X Bass Comp Sound Examples by Janek Gwizdala by Boss
- (2016-01-19) BOSS BC-1X Bass Comp featuring Janek Gwizdala by Boss
- (2016-01-19) NEW PRODUCT: Boss Bass Compressor BC-1X http://.au.boss.info/products/bc-1x Equipped with cutting-edge BOSS technology, the BC-1X Bass Comp performs far beyond the capabilities of conventional bass compressor pedals. Transparent, powerful, and easy to by Boss Australia
- (2016-01-21) BOSS BC-1X Bass Comp Sound Examples by Janek Gwizdala Intelligent circuitry adapts to every register and playing nuance, providing natural compression that preserves the fundamental bass tone. http://www.boss.info/products/bc-1x/ by Boss
- (2016-01-21) New From NAMM 2016: BOSS BC-1X Bass Comp by GuitarCenterTV
- (2016-01-22) NAMM 2016: Boss BC-1X Bass Compressor by Gear4music
- (2016-01-28) We caught up with David from BOSS at #NAMM2016 about the BC-1X Bass Compressor Effects Pedal. Check it out! Bass players - what do you think? by DawsonsMusic
- (2016-01-29) Bass Musician Magazine NAMM 2016 - Boss BC-1X by BMMCD07
- (2016-02-02) BOSS BC-1X & VO-1 performed by ?????ZAZEN BOYS??Roland / BOSS??????2016? by digimartnet
- (2016-02-03) Boss BC-1X Multiband Bass Compressor Pedal Demo at Namm 2016 by StompboxTV
- (2016-02-08) Boss BC-1X Bass Compressor demo at GAK by GAK
- (2016-02-18) A great compressor adapts to every register and playing nuance of your playing, providing natural compression that preserves your guitar/amp fundamental tone. The BOSS BC-1X Bass Comp features intelligent circuitry, via MDP technology, that shapes the com by Boss Australia
- (2016-02-21) Transparent, powerful, responsive, punchy... these are the things you want from your compression pedal and the new BOSS BC-1X Bass Comp delivers. Take a listen to these sound examples featuring bassist Janek Gwizdala. BC-1X INFO: http://au.boss.info/prod by Boss Australia
- (2016-05-10) Here's Pete in the Reading store playing with some awesome BOSS Bass pedals and the Roland CB-120XL Bass Combo. Check it out. Gear used: Roland CB-120XL Bass Combo - http://bit.ly/1rCtbLN Boss CEB-3 Bass Chorus Pedal - http://bit.ly/1WjZexh Boss BC-1X by DawsonsMusic
- (2016-05-13) BOSS BC-1X Bass Compressor Review by DawsonsMusic
- (2016-06-27) Boss Bass Compressor Pedal NAMM 2016 by Nevada Music UK
- (2016-08-22) Boss BC-1X Bass Compressor Effektpedal-Review von session by SessionMusicTV
- (2016-09-17) Stompbox Saturday No.70 : BOSS BC-1x (Compressor Pedal Demo & Review) by SeanPierceJohnson
- (2016-09-28) Review Demo - Boss BC-1X Bass Compressor by Premier Guitar
- (2017-06-08) Boss BC-1X Bass Compressor - Review & Demo by Nevada Music UK
- (2016-04-30) Squier Bullet Bass - Pizzicato Tone Test (w/ Boss BC-1X Bass Comp) by jazzigo
- (2016-04-30) Squier Bullet Bass - Slap (Dry >> Boss BC-1X Bass Comp) by jazzigo
- (2016-04-30) Squier Bullet Bass - Plectrum (Dry >> Boss BC-1X Bass Comp) by jazzigo
- (2016-04-30) Squier Bullet Bass - Pizzicato (Dry >> Boss BC-1X Bass Comp) by jazzigo
- (2016-08-29) Boss BC-1X Bass Compressor - Clip2 by Premier Guitar
- (2016-08-29) Boss BC-1X Bass Compressor - Clip1 by Premier Guitar