Boomerang E-156 Rang III Phrase Sampler
Here's what you get with Version 1
- Serial Play Style - loops play one after the other like the Rang™ Plus
- Serial Master Play Style - In addition to playing loops one after the other, there is a cool type of sync in the Serial Play Style where two loops can play simultaneously. If loop 3 is recorded first, it will become the master loop, otherwise it's just another loop and there is no master. If loop three is master, it can play along with the other loops. So at one time you can play loops 1 & 3, 2 & 3, 4 & 3, but not 1 & 2, etc. Loops 1, 2 and 4 will be created so they are a multiple of the length of the master. For example, if master loop three is 4 seconds long, the other loops will be 4, 8, 12, 16... seconds long. - Here's the purpose. For serial style loopers it's nice to have a rhythmic background behind the melodic loops. Mute the strings and record a short "chika-chika" or beat on the sides of your acoustic axe. This rhythmic master loop can then play along with any other loop.
- 3 or 4 loops - your choice
- Stacking - "stacking" is adding a part to a loop
- Undo/Redo - the last part stacked can be muted, then played again or rerecorded
- Erase - loops can be erased one at a time or all at once; a loop can be erased while another plays
- Copy Loop - a loop can be copied whether it is playing or not
- Copy Live - this enables "re-sampling" and is very powerful; the pedal's output is routed to a new loop
- Octave - loop(s) plays at half speed and an octave lower
- Reverse - loop(s) plays backwards
- Once - loop(s) plays one time through then stops or if already playing, it stops at its end
- Fade - loop(s) fade in or out with one button press; fades can be 3 to 43 seconds
- Reverse Solo - this is an effect and enables you to create reverse leads live
- Two Sample Rates - 48KHz or 24KHz, both with 20 bit samples; through signal is always 48KHz with 24 bit samples
- Thru Mute Function - turns off through signal
- Expression Pedal Volume Control - simply plug in an expression pedal and it will be the master playback volume control
- Loop Playback Volume Knob - this is always available to set loop playback volume
- Decay Rate Knob - sets the rate at which earlier parts fade when new ones are added
- Stereo or Mono - recording and playback will be stereo or mono depending on which of the Smart Jacks you use
- Smart Jacks - the Rang™ III senses which jacks are being used and provides different signal routing options
Here's what you'll get with Version 2
(free upgrade from version 1, standard on models shipped since 16 Sep 2010)
- Sync Play Style - all loops can play simultaneously and are synced so they stay together
- Free Play Style - all loops can play simultaneously and are NOT synced; this is great for creating ambient soundscapes
The Boomerang® III chassis is the same wedge shape as the original but smaller. It's footprint is 6" (front to back) by 9" (side to side) by 2" tall, and weighs less than 3 lb.
We will insure the III is easy to operate and as intuitive as the Plus, but it will be deeper if you want to explore the new features.
Version 2.1 has support for the new Side Car(TM) controller
(on all versions shipped since August 1, 2011)
The Side Car™ controller gives you more foot buttons to control the Rang™ III’s functions, which are listed on the round display. With the Side Car™ controller almost all functions can be active at once.