Bondi Effects Sick As Overdrive
Bondi Effects about the MkI
The Sick As Overdrive (MkI)
When we designed the Sick As were not content to produce a simple clone of an existing pedal. We drew from several influences of designs that we loved, to ultimately achieve something that we believe is truly one-of-a-kind. The Sick As features thoughtfully tuned active BASS and TREBLE EQ capable of fifteen decibels of cut or boost. In addition the GAIN knob balances between the overdrive and clean boost. Turned to the left, you have a sparkly clean boost pedal. Turned to the right are two distinct, and unique flavors of low-mid gain overdrive. The CLIP switch enables you to select which voicing of overdrive you would like. The HI mode is a more compressed, driven voicing reminiscent of Dave Keuning, of the Killers, while the LO mode is more a open, natural, boutique overdrive, similar to many of the popular overdrives of today.
- Split-rail technology for increased headroom
- Premium Audio Grade Operational Amplifier
- High Gain mode provides smooth compressed mid-high gain overdrive, reminiscent of Dave Keuning and the Killers.
- Low Gain mode for open natural EQ, and a transparent tube-like overdrive. The Low Gain mode sounds like your amp, but more of it.
- Powerful active Bass and Treble controls capable of up to 15dB of boost or cut.
- Gain knob balances between the amount of overdrive and clean boost.
- Premium 3PDT True Bypass Switch
- Powered by any center negative “Boss” type 9v DC power supply
- DC Current Draw: 20mA
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
The Sick As Overdrive retails for $199
Bondi Effects about the MkII
The Sick As Overdrive (MkII)
The Sick As is not just any overdrive. It’s not a clone, it’s not even a (k)lone, though it does take influence from a few notable predecessors. From ultra-transparent clean boost, to boutique transparent overdrive, to a compressed tweed like growl —not to mention active dual band EQ; if you're looking for overdrive the Sick As has what you need!
- Voltage boosted internally to an 18 volt spread for increased headroom and clarity.
- Hand selected components from the finest suppliers.
- Two unique voices of natural tube-like overdrive
- Sparkley, transparent clean boost
- Powerful active EQ controls capable of up to 15dB of boost or cut.
- Can operate as a clean boost, overdrive, or a blend of the two.
- Bondi Bypass True Bypass Switching for silent switching and increased reliability, tested to 100,000 cycles.
- Powered by any negative tipped “Boss” type 9v DC power supply