Expected to cost around €230 in Europe.
The Ecstasy amplifier was born in 1992 and decades later Bogner is still hand building each amp, one at a time, right here in Los Angeles, California. The Ecstasy red pedal captures the mystical red channel tone of this legendary amplifier, famous for its incendiary higher gain crunch and lead tones. Using interactive controls to adjust gain and EQ settings, the red pedal delivers a wide range of expressive tones from vintage overdrive to ripping modern high gain. Ideal for aggressive playing styles, the red pedal boasts the outrageous heavy tones that get Bogner amps into the backlines of rock’s most notable players.
Reinhold designed the Ecstasy red pedal with five discrete Class A gain stages and with no op-amps or diode clipping, mirroring the circuitry of the Ecstasy amplifier’s red channel. This revolutionary approach provides clarity, touch sensitivity and note separation never before achieved in overdrive pedals.
The Ecstasy red is powered by a standard 9V battery or 9VDC power supply. Reinhold’s advanced circuitry internally elevates the voltage a substantially higher level. This higher voltage provides a greater dynamic range which closely resembles the feel of the Ecstasy amplifier’s legendary tube design.
- True bypass
- Boost function with independently lit volume and gain controls
- Master Controls: Gain, Treble, Middle, Bass and Volume
- Variac On/Off switch: adds a “dropped voltage” dynamic compression to the feel and sound
- Mode Switch: Tight, Mellow and Full, shapes the general EQ curve and gain levels
- Pre-EQ Switch: B1, N and B2 settings control “openness” and presence of higher range harmonics
- Structure Switch: 100, 101 and 20th Anniversary settings offer EQ shifts and gain structures from various eras and models of Ecstasy amplifiers
- Jacks: input, output and remote.
- Remote jack allows control of the on/off and boost functions via a remote switching unit
- Low Battery Indicator: LEDs blink when battery voltage drops below critical threshold.
- Premium components include: Double sided gold plated circuit boards, German WIMA capacitors, Japanese Nichicon capacitors and gold plated relays, Carling switches and more
- (2012-03-23) Musikmesse 2012 - Bogner pedals Uberschall Ecstasy Blue and Red by Audiofanzine
- (2012-05-11) Bogner Pedals - Ecstasy Blue, Red and Uberschall - Overview by Bogner Amplification
- (2012-10-20) Bogner Ecstasy Red pedal demo by Bogner Amplification
- (2012-11-02) Bogner Pedals - Quick Overview of the Ecstasy Blue & Ecstasy Red and Uberschall by GelbMusic
- (2012-11-26) Bogner Ecstasy Preamp Pedals Demo - Sweetwater Sound by Sweetwater Sound
- (2012-12-05) Hot n Fresh: Bogner Pedals arrive at Make'n Music! Uberschall, Ecstasy Red and Ecstasy Blue by makenmusictv
- (2012-12-05) Bogner Ecstasy Pedals, demo by Pete Thorn by Peter Thorn
- (2012-12-10) D.I. + Speaker Simulator [ Prototype ] with Bogner Ecstasy Red pedal [HD] by Maxz
- (2012-12-10) Bogner Esctasy Red review by Maxz
- (2013-01-13) Bogner Ecstasy Red Pedal - GUITAR Demo by MrExcane
- (2013-02-11) NAMM '13 - Bogner Amplification Atma Amp & Ecstasy Blue, Ecstasy Red, and Uberschall Pedal Demos by Premier Guitar
- (2013-02-24) Bogner Ecstasy Red Pedal - BASS Demo by MrExcane
- (2013-03-13) Bogner Ecstacy Red Overdrive/Boost Guitar Effects Pedal by MusicToyz
- (2013-04-02) Bogner Ecstasy Red, Blue and Uberschall Comparison by JustNickMusic
- (2013-04-03) Pedal Reviews Brasil - Bogner Ecstasy Red vs. Tom Tone Okoto Preamp Overdrive by klebersh
- (2013-04-09) Bogner Ecstasy Red by SessionMusicTV
- (2013-04-30) Bogner Ecstasy Blue and Red Preamp Pedals by guitarworld
- (2013-05-01) Bogner Ecstasy Red Overdrive by ProGuitarShopDemos
- (2013-07-17) BOGNER Ecstasy RED - Part 1/2 by MrSanSystem
- (2013-07-17) BOGNER Ecstasy RED Vs. OKKO Diablo, VOX Duel, Mesa V-Twin - Part 2/2 by MrSanSystem
- (2013-10-01) Bogner Ecstasy Red Demo | Six-String Samurai by blizzardofed
- (2014-01-30) Bogner Red Ecstasy Overdrive/Boost Pedal Demo by GuitarCenterTV
- (2015-02-26) Bogner Ecstasy RED killer amp tones in a box of shiny love by Gearmanndude
- (2015-06-26) Bogner Ecstacy Red (Humbucker through dirty amp) by Pedal Projects
- (2015-06-26) Bogner Ecstacy Red (single coil through dirty amp) by Pedal Projects
- (2015-10-07) ???(Bogner ) ??? Ecstasy Red (Overdrive/Distortion) by BuzzbeeTV