Bogner Amplification Ecstasy Blue
Expected to cost around €230 in Europe.
The Ecstasy amplifier was born in 1992 and decades later Bogner is still hand building each amp, one at a time, right here in Los Angeles, California. The Ecstasy blue pedal captures the classic blue channel tone of this legendary amplifier, acclaimed for its ability to deliver iconic and classic rock-n-roll crunch. Everyone knows that blue delivers stunning Plexi tones, but when the going gets rough, make no mistake - blue can crush on demand.
Reinhold designed the Ecstasy blue pedal with four discrete Class A gain stages and with no op-amps or diode clipping, mirroring the circuitry of the Ecstasy amplifier’s blue channel. This revolutionary approach provides clarity, touch sensitivity and note separation never before achieved in overdrive pedals.
The Ecstasy blue is powered by a standard 9V battery or 9VDC power supply. Reinhold’s advanced circuitry internally elevates the voltage a substantially higher level. This higher voltage provides a greater dynamic range which closely resembles the feel of the Ecstasy amplifier’s legendary tube design.
- True bypass
- Boost function with independently lit volume and gain controls
- Master Controls: volume, treble, middle, bass and gain
- Variac On/Off switch: adds a “dropped voltage” dynamic compression to the feel and sound
- Mode Switch: Plexi and Blue offers vintage lower gain or modified higher gain levels
- Pre-Eq Switch: B1, N and B2 settings control “openness” and presence of higher range harmonics
- Structure Switch: 100, 101 and 20th Anniversary settings offer EQ shifts and gain structures from various eras/models of Ecstasy amplifiers
- Jacks: input, output and remote.
- Remote jack allows control of the on/off and boost functions via a remote switching unit
- Low Battery Indicator: LEDs blink when battery voltage drops below critical threshold.
- Premium components include: Double sided gold plated circuit boards, German WIMA capacitors, Japanese Nichicon capacitors and gold plated relays, Carling switches and more