The Black Cat Custom Bee Buzz is our version of the original Roland Bee Baa. The project began as a special request from our Japanese distributor, who pre-ordered twenty pedals, sight unseen. This gave us an opportunity to experiment with doing a larger scale run of custom pedals.
We acquired an original Roland Bee Baa from a collector friend and good customer. This assured that we would have an accurate reference for the original circuit. But we quickly noted many areas in the original Bee Baa that needed improvement, such as excessive noise and lack of balance between the tone settings. In addition, the "Treble Boost" in the original Bee Baa was not a feature that most players found useful. So we worked on making a boost mode that would appeal to the modern guitarist.
Bee Buzz Features:
- Metal film resistors, audio-grade capacitors, and 3PDT true-bypass switches
- Uses 2.1mm Boss-style power jack, or internal 9V battery
- Two LEDs: one On/Off indicator and one Bi-Color LED to indicate Fuzz/Boost modes
- Transparent color brushed aluminum enclosure, elegant top-grade knobs and hardware.
We built a total of 50 Bee Buzz pedals. The price for the Black Cat Custom Bee Buzz is $250 USD.
- (2010-10-04) blackcat beebuzz by LEP Intl.
- (2011-05-11) Black Cat Bee Buzz - Quick Demo by Black Cat
- (2011-07-10) Black Cat Bee Buzz Fuzz - Demo by Just Nick for Rock n Roll Vintage by JustNickMusic
- (2011-08-09) Black Cat Pedals Bee Buzz by Prymaxe
- (2012-12-19) Black Cat Pedals : Bee Buzz by Burgerman666
- (2015-10-28) Black Cat Pedals Bee Buzz Overdriver Demo by Black Cat
- (2015-10-28) Bee Buzz Overdriver Demo by Black Cat
- (2016-05-20) Black Cat Bee Buzz Fuzz guitar pedal by MusicToyz
- Ace Tone FM-1 Fuzz Master
- Ace Tone FM-2 Fuzz Master
- Ace Tone FM-3 Fuzz Master
- Roland AF-100 Bee Baa - Fuzz and Treble Booster