Big Knob Pedals Echo Flex - Tapeless Analog Delay
Big Knob Pedals
The Echo Flex utilises the same exact processor used in MXR's Carbon Copy and more expensive analogue delay units. But unlike these commercially-produced pedals I have especially designed this to give the user a much more open "circuit-bent" feel as illustrated with the various modes of self-oscillation and glitching effects that can easily be produced in its more extreme knob settings. At the longer delay settings, incredibly lush, cavernous-like, ghostly-sounding delays seem to trail off like smoke into the audio ether, while at the shorter settings, a brighter slapback feel creates a perfect setting for reggae or rockabilly.
Like all the pedals I produce, I create these first and foremost for my own use as a gigging guitarist. Hearing these beautifully warm, natural echo tones takes me back to a time long ago when I would lose myself for hours simply playing into my tape-based Echoplex unit. Don't be surprised if you end up doing what I did and chucking your Boss DD-3's and other digitals straight into the bin. Let's face it, digital is just too sterile and un-natural sounding when compared to analogue.
Big Knob Pedals
Designed to produce the warmest and natural-sounding analog delays, Echo Flex can also create intense self-oscillation and glitch effects at its most extreme settings. Long delays appear lush and cavernous with each ghostly repeat de-generating in a natural manner. Shorter delays provide a bright slapback tone, perfect for reggae or rockabilly. Reminiscent of the vintage tape-based echo units used on classic recordings, you'll find that Echo Flex makes modern factory-produced digital pedals sound sterile and boring by comparison.
Echo Flex features:
- Lush cavernous delays up to 800ms in lo-fi long-delay mode
- Allows knob-tweaking to easily achieve self-oscillation effects
- Controls for Mix, Delay and Feedback (Repeat)
- Fully hand-wired analog circuitry
- Compact MXR-sized enclosure
- True bypass 3PDT switching
- Bright indicator LED
- Accepts standard 9V pedal adaptor
- 9V DC battery clip included
- (2011-01-07) Echo Flex Demo by Big Knob Pedals
- (2013-02-11) Big Knob Pedals Echo Flex analog delay demo with Rock Ola overdrive guitar pedal by Gearmanndude