Ben Adrian Audio
The Anderton Tube Sound Fuzz has been the inspiration for a lot of pedals. Two of these pedals are the Way Huge Red Llama and the Tonefactor/Mojo Hand Mule. I picked up a Mule a while back, and I loved it. It seems to be the perfect middle ground pedal. With lower gain settings, it plays like an overdrive. With medium settings, it feels like a rough edged distortion. With high gain, it feels like a fuzz.
I had one issue, though; it was a little thin or bright. I changed a couple caps and I loved the difference. When I saw that General Guitar Gadgets had began making a Red Llama kit, I bought one for myself, built it up with my preferred component value, and added a low pass filter style tone control. This has become my main distortion/drive pedal, and a bunch of my friends liked it as well. I'm still trying to come up with the perfect tone control circuit.
As time has passed, I keep loving this circuit for guitar. In addition, I've found that it absolutely rocks on bass, and have had many bass players commend the sound of this pedal.
I hope you dig it as much as I do.
- Craig Anderton's Tube-Sound Fuzz
- Bogdan Helter Skelter - "Polish Love" overdrive
- Vintage Records Polish Love
- Catalinbread Hyper Pak Dirty Channel (inspired by Tube-Sound Fuzz, but using a CD4007)
- Guitarsystems DriveTool Junior
- Langtronics Angel Of Death
- Machine Head Pedals Evelyn - Dual Drive
- Machine Head Pedals Evelyn MkII
- Myrtle Pedals Blessed by Distortion
- Pignose Detonator S.P.
- Tone Factor Mule
- Mojo Hand FX Mule (new brand name)
- True Grit Tchoeb
- Way Huge Red Llama Overdrive
- Way Huge WHE203 Red Llama MkII (Dunlop reissue)
- Chicago Stompworks Redd Fox (based on the Red Llama)
- Electronic Orange Tube Flavoured Overdrive (based on the Red Llama)
- Elephant Stomp Boxes Fred Llama (based on the Red Llama)
- Feisty Little One Red Tauntaun (based on the Red Llama)
- Freedom Tube Amplification Llama Roja (based on the Red Llama)
- General Guitar Gadgets Red Llama Replica (based on the Red Llama)
- Lenahan Llama Rojo (based on the Red Llama)
- M3 GuitarWorks Redrum Overdrive (based on the Red Llama)
- North Effects The Llama OD (based on the Red Llama)
- Old Orange Freight Train (based on the Red Llama)
- Penfar FX Rooster Fist (based on the Red Llama)
- Pro Tone Pedals Brahma (based on the Red Llama)
- REDesign Lard Meal (based on the Red Llama)
- RGW Electronics Dirty Dan (based on the Red Llama)
- Vick Audio Llama Overdrive
- Wren and Cuff Red Camel (based on the Red Llama)