The OctaHive is super high gain fuzz with a well pronounced high pitch octave. The octave can be turned off by the toggle switch, turning it into a warmer and thicker fuzz pedal.
The best way to achieve a well pronounced octave sound is by lowering the Pre gain and the tone control on your instrument. The balance between the Pre and Honey is the key to achieve a variety of sounds.
On the octave mode, things can get really nasty, splashy and gated. It's great for high gain leads, specially when played above the 12th fret. With a little less HONEY you can get that "purple haze" tone. At low gain settings it can produce "ring modulator" overtones, great for textures.
With the octave off it's a whole different pedal, producing a warmer and thicker fuzz tone, making it more versatile and "chord friendly".
The OctaHive was based on the 1970's Tycobrahe Octavia and it can produce classic and modern sounds. A great addition to every pedal board.
- (2015-10-21) New prototype for the OctaHive! Based on Jimi's Octavia! Sick tone on this little thing! by Beetronics
- (2016-08-01) OctaHives from series #02 ???! Almost there ??????!!! by Beetronics
- (2017-03-11) Recording new Dead Ship Sailing tracks with the Beetronics Octahive. This thing sounds as bad-ass as an original Octavia, and looks even cooler. Direct into the UA 610 for this! #beetronics #octaviapedal #recoveryeffects #deadshipsailing @beetronics by Recovery Effects
- (2017-07-06) ??????#Repost @tgt11 (@get_repost) ??? Octahive love!! ********************** #tgt11sthlm #tgt11 #guitargearonelouderguitarpedals #gearybusey #guitarpedal #guitarsarebetter #toneculture by Beetronics
- (2017-10-03) Beetronics OctaHive Octave Tychobrae Guitar Pedal by MusicToyz