- Lo Contour
Guitarists and bassists have been demanding a foot pedal version of the legendary BBE Sonic Maximizer and the wait is finally over!
Many musicians don't have a spot for the rack mount unit, but long for the legendary clarity, definition and punch that only a Sonic Maximizer can provide. BBE took heed and carefully designed the Sonic Stomp foot pedal which delivers the same amazing sonic improvement as our popular 482i Sonic Maximizer.
Other features include hard-wire bypass, non-slip rubber bottom, easy-access 9v battery compartment and included external power supply.
Upgrade everything with Sonic Stomp, the one piece of gear which improves the performance of your whole rig. Whether you’re a guitarist or bassist, get ready to be amazed. With Sonic Stomp’s proprietary BBE Sonic Maximizer technology, you’ll hear your amp cut through the band mix better with dramatically improved note definition in chords and solos. Even with a wall of distortion, the distinct harmonic elements of each note can be heard like never before. Time-based effects take on a level of realism and dimension you never thought possible. And if low-end punch is your thing, you’ll discover the Lo Contour control is the ticket to meaty chunk without the mud.
It’s like lifting a blanket off your amp to reveal the full potential of your gear and your musical expression. When you’re ready to Maximize Your Tone, get your hands on a Sonic Stomp.
BBE Sonic Stomp: Maximize Your Tone!
BBE Sonic Stomp Tech Focus: BBE Sonic Maximizer technology in a pedal
Rack mount BBE Sonic Maximizer processors have been the secret weapon of musicians for years, with each generation of the BBE technology offering more for musicians to discover in their tone. While rack-mount models such as the 482i Sonic Maximizer are a staple for many touring musicians with sophisticated rigs, a rack device isn’t practical for many musicians. Enter Sonic Stomp, packing the same BBE technology into a pedal for musicians who prefer simple rigs. Its buffered input happily accepts either the input of your instrument or the output of another pedal (Sonic Stomp should be used last in the pedal chain), making Sonic Stomp as easy to use as any other pedal. Just plug it in, dial the knobs to your taste and enjoy.
Sonic Stomp’s application of the BBE technology is just like its big brothers, using frequency-dependent time alignment with integrated amplitude compensation. What’s all that about? Simply put, it helps a speaker more faithfully reproduce the signal so more of the nuance and detail is revealed. Sonic Stomp is not an effect but a tool to allow more of your tone to reach the ears of your audience – and yours.
- Sonic Maximizer technology for clarity and punch
- Lo Contour and Process controls
- 1MEG Ohms input impedance for proper pickup loading
- 1K Ohms output impedance when engaged
- 1% metal-film resistors for consistency
- High-voltage poly caps for better tone
- Military-spec circuit board for reliability
- Blue status LED for high visibility and low power consumption
- Easy access battery compartment
- 9V battery, AC adaptor included (North America only)
- True hardwire bypass
- 5-year warranty
- (2008-12-05) BBE Sonic Stomp Demo by Fernando Gabriel
- (2009-05-22) Crusher and Sonic Stomp Demo (Nirvana Style) by BBE Sound
- (2009-11-15) Day 14 - 30 Pedals in 30 Days - BBE Sonic Stomp w Blackstar HT5 Ed Roman Quicksilver NAMM '10 2010 by The Tone King
- (2010-12-10) BBE Sonic Stomp Demo (clean) by BBE Sound
- (2010-12-27) BBE Sonic Stomp Sonic Maximizer AM64 American Metal Dean Guitars AT3000 ML Winter NAMM 2011 '11 by The Tone King
- (2011-01-04) BBE Sonic Stomp Demo (heavy) by BBE Sound
- (2011-04-01) Shawn Pelton lays down the beats with Sonic Stomp by BBE Sound
- (2011-04-05) BBE Sonic Stomp Demo by guitarworld
- (2012-05-15) BBE Free Fuzz, Soul Vibe & Sonic Stomp by JetCityMusic
- (2012-08-20) BBE Sonic Stomp - Sonic Maximizer (Aivn) by JamStageCz
- (2012-11-14) AMT Legend 2 S2 Distortion Pedal And BBE Sonic Stomp With Ibanez IBZ10G by guitarzan95
- (2013-06-28) Sonic Stomp Sonic Maximizer (BBE Sound) by JustNickMusic
- (2013-08-04) BBE Sonic Maximizer (Sonic Stomp) by MrSanSystem
- (2013-11-19) BBE SS-92 Sonic Stomp - Review by baxshopnl
- (2014-12-05) Todaysgear BBE Sonic Stomp Sonic Maximizer SS-92 by Today's Gear
- (2015-05-15) BBE Sonic Stomp vs Aphex Bass Xciter by Bass-pedals.com
- (2015-06-15) BBE Sonic Stomp Review (BASS) by Bass-pedals.com
- (2016-05-23) BBE Sonic Stomp Maximizer by reverbmarket