STUDIO-GRADE OPTICAL COMPRESSION FOR YOUR PEDALBOARD
Bassists and guitarists alike can benefit from a quality optical compressor pedal, but basses have a special challenge: massive signal-level spikes compared to guitars. That’s why many bassists want to tightly control signal level.
Whether you’re just looking to dial in a smoother sound or keep the front end of your amp from clipping, an optical compressor is just the thing. There’s none finer than what you’ll find in the studio-grade, solid-state OptiComp compressor pedal. In fact, it’s the same circuit found in the award-winning BBE BMAX and BMAX-T bass preamps. True to form, OptiComp features a beefy mil-spec circuit board with big, fat signal traces, 1 % metal-film resistors and high-voltage poly caps, all backed up by a robust true-hardwire bypass.
BBE Opticomp: Studio-grade compression for your pedalboard.
- Studio-grade optical compression
- Output and Threshold controls
- 1MEG Ohms input impedance for proper pickup loading
- 1K Ohms output impedance when engaged
- 1% metal-film resistors for consistency
- High-voltage poly caps for better tone
- Military-spec circuit board for reliability
- Blue status LED for high visibility and low power consumption
- Easy access battery compartment
- True hardwire bypass
- 5-year warranty
- (2014-01-13) BBE Opti Comp and Vari Comp Compared on Guitar and Bass by JustNickMusic
- (2014-06-23) OptiComp Optical Compressor Pedal Review | Guitar Interactive Magazine Issue 26 by iguitarmag