Audio-Technica Introduces System 10 Wireless Guitar Stompbox
— Pedalboard-mounted wireless system streamlines signal flow and reduces stage clutter, and provides an A/B switcher for multiple signal options —
THE NAMM SHOW, ANAHEIM, CA, January 23, 2014 — Audio-Technica (Booth 6740), a leading innovator in transducer technology for over 50 years, introduces its new System 10 2.4-GHz Digital Guitar Stompbox Wireless System (ATW-1501). The System 10 Stompbox streamlines onstage signal flow by making the wireless receiver part of the pedalboard, and provides an A/B switcher for multiple signal/amp options. The system combines the advanced 24-bit operation, easy setup and clear, natural sound quality of other System 10 wireless configurations with unique functionality for guitarists, bassists and other instrumentalists.
Operating in the 2.4 GHz range, far from TV and DTV interference, the System 10 Stompbox offers a rugged, metal, pedal board-mountable receiver with foot switch, two switched TRS balanced 1/4-inch outputs and an output mode selector. With the tap of a foot, musicians can toggle between outputs (e.g., for switching amps) or mute and unmute one output without muting the other (e.g., for tuners without a self-muting feature). And a single receiver can be paired with up to eight UniPak® body-pack transmitters, allowing users to easily switch between instruments without having to move a body-pack from one instrument to the next.
System 10 wireless ensures clear communications by providing three levels of diversity assurance: frequency, time, and space: Frequency Diversity sends the signal on two dynamically allocated frequencies for interference-free communication. Time Diversity sends the signal in multiple time slots to maximize immunity to multipath interference. Space Diversity uses two antennas on each transmitter and receiver to maximize signal integrity.
Each ATW-1501 Stompbox system includes an ATW-R1500 Stompbox receiver, an ATW-T1001 UniPak body-pack transmitter with an AT-GcW guitar cable, and Velcro® strips for adding receiver to an effects pedal board. The ATW-R1500 is a digital receiver with sturdy, metal-body construction, easy-to-read digital ID and transmitter battery level displays, and AF Peak and Pair indicator lights.
The System 10 Stompbox system will be available spring 2014 with a U.S. MSRP of $614.95.
- (2014-01-24) Audio-Technica System 10 Stompbox Digital Wireless System by Audio-Technica
- (2014-01-27) Audio Technica System 10 Stompbox [NAMM 2014] by GuitarPlayer
- (2014-03-18) Musikmesse 2014 - Audio Technica System 10 stompbox by accordoTV
- (2014-05-21) Crossfaith shows off the System 10 Stompbox by Audio-Technica
- (2014-11-11) Audio-Technica System10 Wireless Stompbox Demo by Audio-Technica
- (2014-12-15) Attn Guitarists: Doug Doppler of GearTunes.com takes an in-depth look at our System 10 Stompbox digital high-fidelity guitar wireless system. Check out the demo! by Audio-Technica
- (2015-01-23) NAMM 2015 - Audio Technica System 10 Stompbox Wireless Unit by guitarworld
- (2015-02-12) Audio-Technica System 10 Stompbox Digital Wireless System by Audio-Technica