Stone Gossard and Mike McCready of Pearl Jam, Warren Haynes, Britt Daniel of Spoon, David Grissom, Chris Walla of Death Cab for Cutie, John Mayer and many others have chosen the Centaur in their pedalboard! What if it's your turn now?
This unique overdrive has been created by Klon in the 95'. The aim was to create a transparent overdrive which doesn't alters your signal but rather enhance it.
Today, this pedals is highly requested and in order to serve you, we've created for you, the savage!
We didn't just make a clone, we wanted to cut off some treebles, add some saturation and update the schematic. This one was redesigned a lot of times until we got this little gem. (This is the version 3.2)
The power supply has been updated with higher quality components and a noise filter.
We chose a TC1044 and an OPA Texas Instrument TLC274 with better specifications and performances.
The vintage clipping still works with Germanium diodes. But, a switch allows you to pass from vintage to a modern clipping.
We've compared the Save and the Centaur. We've found the same sound than the guenine one and so more!
- GAIN, dual ganged potentiometer which controls the saturation of the preampli and mix the buffer's output with the drive!
- TONE, to control the selected tone frequencies.
- OUT, boost up to +25dB!
- CLIPPING switch, M for Modern, V for Vintage. Take more saturation in modern or keep the traditional Centaur's sound in Vintage.
- TONE switch, T for Treeble, M for Medium, in the treeble position, your tone potentiometer cuts some treebles. In medium you cut the medium.
- (2015-01-26) Anasounds Savage - Demonstration by AnaSounds
- (2015-09-06) Brown War Store - KTR vs Savage by AnaSounds
- (2016-03-08) Anasounds SAVAGE Pedal DEMO by Roger Fortner
- (2016-08-09) Savage session by AnaSounds
- (2016-09-22) Gi Weekly Ep4 - Anasounds Savage MKII and Utopia Delay / Magnatone High Fidelity Amp Demo by iguitarmag
- (2016-10-01) Anasounds Savage MKII | Haar Guitars demo by Haar Guitars
- (2016-12-05) Anasounds Savage and Utopia | Review by iguitarmag
- (2017-01-18) Anasounds SAVAGE MK II (CENTAUR REISSUE) by Alberto Barrero
- Klon Centaur
- AnaSounds Centaur - Vintage Overdrive
- ARC Effects Klone
- ARC Effects Klone V2
- Art of 59 Sagittarius
- Big Knob Pedals Clon Minotaur
- Big Tone Music Brewery Silver Overdrive
- Blacksoil FX Alpha Centauri Overdrive
- Boo Instruments KC
- Build Your Own Clone Silver Pony
- Clone Bro Taurus
- EFX Custom Effects Kloned Centaur
- Fredric Effects Golden Eagle
- Fredric Effects Zombie Klon
- Gimp FX Bull
- Improvizorca DG-2
- Improvizorca DGV-1
- Improvizorca DGV-2
- J. Rockett Audio Designs Tour Series Archer
- JHS Pedals Klon Clone
- Master Effects Happy Trails Overdrive
- Mojo Hand FX Sacred Cow
- Monsterpiece Fuzz STUD Overdrive
- Movall Audio MM-09 Minotaur - Klon Centaur Overdrive
- Mowery Electronics Purity Drive
- Pedal Monsters Klone
- Piedmont Custom Electronics (PCE-FX) Aluminum Falcon
- Piedmont Custom Electronics (PCE-FX) Aluminum Falcon II
- Rimrock Effects Mythical Overdrive
- RR Amplifiers Fat Drive
- SoulSonicFX Illuminated Overdrive
- Soundwave Design Horseman
- Stigtronics Tone Vitamin
- Tone City TC-T9 Bad Horse - Klon Overdrive
- Velvet Pedals Minotaur
- Wampler Pedals Tumnus - Legendary Overdrive/Boost
- Yellowcake Black Box