- controls how much the signal is amplified.
- controls the output volume of the effect
- controls the amount of fuzz
The Dallas Rangemaster Treble Booster pedal was made in the UK in the 1960s. Analog Man's Beano Boost pedal is an awesome, improved recreation of that pedal. The Dallas Arbiter Fuzzface was one of the first Fuzz pedals, made in the mid/late 1960s. They became extremely popular due to Jimi Hendrix and other great players of the 60s and 70s. We have been modifying fuzzfaces to these early GERMANIUM specs for a long time, and started selling our own SUN FACE to keep the cost down and quality high for people seeking the ultimate early fuzzface sound.
In early 2005 we combined these two pedals, the BEANO BOOST and SUNFACE into a new pedal - the SUNLION! The result of this combination turned out to be much more than the sum of it's parts- an amazing sounding Tri-Germanium fuzz! We have made several three-transistor Tonebender MK-II pedals but they are not possible to make as consistently perfect sounding as our Sunface or Beano Boost so we stopped making them. We find the Sunlion an excellent alternative as it can get the same sounds with both sides on, plus MANY MORE sounds and so much more flexible.
The order of the two pedals is SUNFACE -> BEANO BOOST. We chose this order because it is quieter this way (less noise), and it's a less subtle, more cutting sound. The other order (Beano -> Sunface) is more a classic rock tone, while SUNFACE -> BEANO BOOST can get more extreme sounds. You can use the volume controls on each pedal to change the sounds, for example crank the sunface up really loud into the Beano Boost and turn the Beano down so the output is not too loud for your amp, and you can get an even more extreme fuzz.
- (2008-11-13) Analogman Sunlion Fuzz Treble boost pedal demo by Gearmanndude
- (2008-12-04) Analogman Sunlion vs Beano Boost pedal shootout w dirty tone by Gearmanndude
- (2008-12-04) Analogman Sunlion vs Beano Boost pedal shootout w clean tone by Gearmanndude
- (2009-10-04) Wilson Effects RIPPAH Q Wah with Analogman Sunlion Fuzz & GMD LOTHAR effects pedal demo by Gearmanndude
- (2010-11-24) Demo shootout between a 1968 fuzz face and an Analogman Sunlion (1) by scott51381
- (2010-11-24) Demo shootout between a 1968 fuzz face and an Analogman Sunlion (2) by scott51381
- (2013-01-29) Analogman Sun Lion by roknfnrol
- (2013-02-01) Analogman Sun Lion by roknfnrol
- (2013-02-04) Paul Cochrane Timmy and Analogman Sun Lion by roknfnrol
- (2013-03-13) Analogman Sun Lion vs Sun Face by roknfnrol
- (2014-01-07) Analogman sunlion by Rectal Hygienist
- (2014-01-24) Fulltone '69 mkII with Analogman SunLion by Rectal Hygienist