- Volume (left)
- controls the output volume of the effect
- Fuzz (right)
- Best to keep it up almost all the way up for craziest sounds. Turn it down for more normal fuzzface tones.
- Buzz (middle)
- allows controlling the sound of the fuzz from weak to hard edged fuzz. You can turn it down to get a warmer looser fuzz sound which can sometimes be useful. Turning it up gets louder and harder, good for Neil Young sounds. You may find you need to turn it down a bit (CCW) at higher temperatures, and up (CW) at lower temperatures. For standard fuzzface tones turn the BUZZ knob down a bit along with the FUZZ knob.
There were some nasty, buzzy fuzz pedals made in the mid 1960s. Some examples are the Mosrite Fuzzrite, Maestro Fuzz Tone, Jordan Bosstone, Kay fuzz, etc. We found some super high gain germanium transistors in late 2006 that could be tuned to get those sounds so we are finally able to offer a few hundred of these pedals, which we named the PEPPERMINT FUZZ in tribute to the song INCENSE AND PEPPERMINTS which features this very sound. It can also be used for some later punk rock sounds like the Stooges, etc. And can do a decent late 60s Fuzzface sound if dialed in properly.
The DARK Peppermint fuzz is similar but uses some darker sounding transistors. They are the same model but a different brand. The basic sound is similar but not quite as bright. There is more difference with the extreme sounds, the DARK version is not as sitar like, it is fatter and can get a sort of trumpet sound when backing off the volume control. The Dark Peppermint fuzz has a light flourescent BLUE coating over the pedal. It glows slightly under flourescent lights.
- (2008-05-17) peppermint fuzz odd sitarish sounds by Analog Man
- (2008-09-11) Analogman Peppermint Fuzz guitar pedal demo Gibson SG by Gearmanndude
- (2008-09-11) analogman Peppermint Fuzz guitar pedal demo Stratocaster by Gearmanndude
- (2009-01-06) Analog Man Peppermint Fuzz demo by Analog Man
- (2009-02-08) Analogman Sunface BC-108 and Peppermint Fuzz guitar effects pedal demo w/ Les Paul & Marshall by Gearmanndude
- (2009-03-01) Analogman Peppermint Fuzz guitar effects pedal demo w King Bee Guitars relic Tele by Gearmanndude
- (2010-12-15) AnalogMan Peppermint Fuzz Demo by theGASstation
- (2011-05-31) Analogman Dark Peppermint Fuzz Demo by GuitarGearComMx
- (2011-09-20) Analogman Astrotone and Peppermint Fuzz Demo by Tibbon
- (2013-07-15) John Wesley demonstrates the Analog Man King of Tone, Peppermint Fuzz, and Chorus. by Analog Man
- (2014-02-25) Analog Man Peppermint Fuzz by MusicToyz