The Cheshire Cat puts you in charge of your distortion sound like never before. This is not a conventional distortion, fuzz or overdrive pedal. The patent-pending, all-analog design allows for a wide range of innovative adjustments. Get more out of your guitar!
You can use the high quality filter to adjust the frequency and resonance characteristics of the distortion - without affecting the musical tone. Fine tune the attack and sustain response with the unique accent knob. Go mad or stay cool with the injection level. There's also a conventional distortion control, and a handy volume knob that comes with a little extra kick should you need it.
For every application, the Cheshire Cat is a versatile and professional musical accessory that puts artistic sound control where it belongs: in the hands of the creative musician.
- Distortion Control: Adjusts the distortion level from near clean to extreme crunch.
- Injector Control: Increasing the injector increases the distortion and activates the Res, Freq and Accent controls.
- Accent Control: Permits adjustment of the attack and sustain response.
- Frequency Control: Adjusts the frequency characteristics of the distortion effect over a wide range, without affecting the tone of your instrument.
- Resonance Control: Works with the Freq control to adjust the effect from ultra-mellow to ultra-sharp.
- Volume Control: Adjusts the output volume from zero. Provides a slight gain boost when set at maximum.
- Patent pending design
- 100% analog
- High quality construction
- Carbon film resistors
- Polyester film filter caps
- Low inductance output cap
- Indicator LED
- Rugged 3PDT footswitch
- True bypass switching
- Standard 2.1mm 9v power jack
- Convenient 9v battery compartment
- (9v battery not included)
- Made in USA
Amzel Electronics (about the v2)
Now in a smaller box! The retro-huge blue Cheshire Cat has been discontinued. The new green version has better quality potentiometers and takes up 35% less pedal board area. The electronics and sound are virtually identical.
Approx. size: 4.8x3.8x2.2 inches.
- (2013-08-02) CheshireCatGuitarDistortionPedal AmzelElectronics by Amzel Electronics
- (2015-08-11) Amzel Electronics Chesire Cat by GuitarPlayer
- (2014-08-11) NOISY - Noisy distortion by Amzel Electronics
- (2014-08-11) CRUNCH - Heavy distortion by Amzel Electronics
- (2014-08-11) CRUNCH - Heavier distortion by Amzel Electronics
- (2014-08-11) FRIED - Fritz-out effect by Amzel Electronics
- (2014-08-11) ENHANCED - Flashy treble boost and other sounds by Amzel Electronics
- (2014-08-11) FRIED - Fritz-out with dynamic response by Amzel Electronics
- (2014-08-11) ENHANCED - Treble boost with dynamic response by Amzel Electronics
- (2014-08-11) CONVENTIONAL - No injection by Amzel Electronics
- (2014-08-11) FLAIR - Dynamic tone shaping for lead by Amzel Electronics