- controls the amount of fuzz
- controls the output volume of the effect
- sets the amount of effected signal fed back into the effect (for a stronger effect)
- Feedback On/Off
- turns the feedback on/off
- Feedback Momentary On
- momentary push button to turn the feedback on momentary (for example by tapping the button to the rhythm)
- switches between 2 tone settings
An effect pedal for sonic experimentalists, not for mundane guitar cornballs - that's what the Tweaker pedal from a N.Y.C. based musical electronics company amukaT Gadgets is all about.
The oscillation sounds of the Tweaker will make the most out-there free-jazz horn blowers and definitely, Williamsburg fake-ass rockers, put their instruments down and listen.
In addition to being a wild oscillator, the fuzz sound of the Tweaker cleans up nicely and generates emotionally charged classic fuzz tones. The Tweaker's internal circuit is inspired by many legendary fuzz boxes, which is apparent in its overall sound quality.
The oscillation sounds, reminiscent of dub siren, are playable with the knobs and the switches. The playability as an instrument sets the Tweaker apart from its inspirations.
amukaT about the v2
After two years of constant use and observations of Tweaker Ver.1 in various live/recording situations, amukaT Gadgets went back to the Isolation Booth Studio in NYC and created Tweaker Ver.2. Re-designed circuit and parts layout in a horizontal aluminum casing. The often abused Momentary Switch is now made of sturdier metal, a US navy surplus. A very versatile pedal that can be used as classic/modern gnarly fuzz, booster to drive your tube amp, and all out monophonic noise generator, Tweaker is the most bugged out stompbox that is actually musically/sonically usable.
- FUZZ: Controls the amount of distortion. Back off on the Fuzz knob and bring up the Volume knob to use the pedal as a booster that pushes your amp to overdrive. This knob also alters the oscillation sound characteristics.
- VOLUME: Controls the overall volume. The Tweaker has a huge amount of available gain, so don’t think you have to have it up at max all the time. This knob is also an oscillation controller.
- FEEDBACK: Changes the amount of Feedback that creates the oscillation. This knob is activated when the Feedback ON/OFF switch is set to ON.
- TREBLE/BASS: You can get two distinctively different sounds out of one instrument plugged in. The Treble sound cuts through the mix and the Bass setting preserves the low end, creating fat fuzz sound.
- FEEDBACK: When set to ON, the Feedback circuit is engaged and the oscillation kicks in. When set to OFF, the Feedback circuit is activated only when the Momentary Switch is pressed.
- MOMENTARY SWITCH: This playable switch is activated when the Feedback switch is set to OFF. The oscillation sounds are heard only when this switch is being pressed.
- The volume knob on the guitar acts as another oscillation control.
- The Tweaker uses two BC109C Transistors. Germanium transistor version is available on request.
- True Bypass.
- Some settings would make the Tweaker sound like a Ring Modulator.
- Pulsing Tremolo sounds can be achievable by some settings.
- Infinite feedback sustain can be obtained by dialing in the knobs just right and by pressing the “Momentary Feedback On” button.
- Octave up and down sounds can be created.
- Experiment with connecting other effects such as a wah-wah before or after Tweaker.
Use 9 volt battery or center minus 9 volt AC adapter with 2.1 mm plug. Access the battery compartment by removing the 4 screws on bottom. Be careful not to damage the screw holes. Remove the plug from the input jack when not playing to conserve battery. When the AC adapter is plugged, the battery is disengaged.
Optical Expression Device:
The "Optical Expression Device” can be hooked up to the Tweaker. It acts as a light sensitive oscillation controller. You can also hook it up to any other effects with an expression out.
Plug it in as:
Booster: Push tube amp to creamy overdrive and give more punch to solid state amp
Fuzz: Vintage 60's fuzz sound to modern sludge sound, achieved by Treble/Bass switch
Oscillator: Monophonic noise generator playable with all knobs and switches including the "Momentary On" switch, which functions as the opposite of "Kill Switch"
It can be used for guitar, bass, keys, drum machines, mic or pretty much anything with a 1/4" jack
- (2009-10-15) Sony DRP-3 Drum Machine: Tweaker by amukaT Gadgets by amukaT
- (2009-10-15) Trope: Tweaker and Optical Expression Device by amukaT Gadgets by amukaT
- (2009-10-15) ???????: Tweaker by amukaT Gadgets by amukaT
- (2009-10-15) Bass Fuzz: Tweaker and Optical Expression Pedal by amukaT Gadgets by amukaT
- (2009-10-15) Noise Fest!: Tweaker and Optical Expression Device by amukaT Gadgets by amukaT
- (2009-10-22) On Ka'a Davis with Tweaker by amukaT
- (2011-12-16) amukaT Gadgets "Tweaker" Ver. 2 by amukaT
- (2012-03-04) amukaT Gadgets "Tweaker" Ver.2 Video by Primus Luta by amukaT