Amptweaker press release (November 27, 2012)
Introducing the Amptweaker Bass TightFuzz™ Pedal
Sugar Hill, GA, Nov 27, 2012
By popular request, Amptweaker introduces the Bass TightFuzz, a carefully tweaked version of the TightFuzz™. Tweaks include extended lower range of the Tight and Tone controls, and added Dry Low knob. While most vintage fuzz boxes have few controls, the included Tone control and Edge switch with its Smooth setting help tame the fuzzy edges. The Tight control, a mainstay of Amptweaker pedals, varies the attack from smooth and thick to tight and aggressive. This is particularly helpful for tweaking a fuzz tone, since some can be flubby on the low end.
Low gain tones are easy to achieve, thanks to the Auto Bias that adjusts with the Fuzz control, yielding the cleanest and nastiest distortions possible with one control.
There’s also the requested Germanium/Silicon switch, and a 60’s/70’s switch for more tonal variety. Special input circuitry simulates the guitar, so active effects and pickups can be used in front....very important for bass since many have onboard EQ.
Includes effects loop with Pre/Post switch to add delay or other distortion/EQs to further tweak the fuzz. Other features include LED illumination of controls, Battery On/Off switch, and magnetic battery access door.
- (2013-01-05) Amptweaker Bass Tightfuzz - BASS Demo by MrExcane
- (2013-02-09) Bass Musician Magazine NAMM 2013 - News from Amptweaker by BMMCD07
- (2013-03-30) Bass TightFuzz NAMM demo by Amptweaker
- (2013-07-17) Amptweaker Bass TightFuzz Juan Alderete by Amptweaker
- (2014-09-16) PedalsAndEffects: Amptweaker Bass Tight Fuzz by PedalsAndEffects
- (2013-04-30) Amptweaker Bass TightFuzz - Light Fuzz by Premier Guitar
- (2013-04-30) Amptweaker Bass TightFuzz - Light Fuzz then More Fuzz by Premier Guitar