After introducing the popular TightMetal Pro™ and BigRock Pro distortion pedals in 2013/14, Amptweaker™ started working on the 2 button version of our popular TightDrive™. With its included Fat and Smooth switches, the TightDrive Pro™ can get all the familiar tones from our popular TightDrive pedal, and with the Gain switch turned OFF, transparent overdrive tones are plentiful.
Unlike most 2-button overdrive pedals with boost, the TightDrive Pro includes 2 Boost knobs, one before and one after the distortion.....so it’s easy to boost the gain AND volume, for the perfect solo tone. And per customer requests, the 'Boost' Volume control has also been tweaked to allow cutting of the volume when the Gain is boosted, so it's easier to balance the volume. There’s also a Midboost button that works with the output Boost knob, to help solos cut through the mix.
The TightDrive Pro has a Smooth Edge switch which cuts the high end sizzle for a warmer edge or adds clarity when it's OFF, depending on your perspective. There are also 2 Fat switches for the rhythm and/or Boosted tones to have a thicker attack with a bit more compression, by extending the lowend to a more normal range. The added three band EQ allows for much tonal variation, with its PlexEQ button for more traditional stack tone. A new 'cleaner' noise gate was developed for the TightDrive Pro, which is designed to reduce noise while maintaining the cleaner tones it's capable of.
Amptweaker pedals are known for effects loops, and this one has 3: a universal loop, another active with the boost, and our popular SideTrak loop which activates when the pedal is OFF, to automatically shut off clean effects.
It can be used to add a compressor, chorus or chain of effects that only works when you play clean, or to switch to another distortion pedal to use for an alternate rhythm sound...all without having to hit more than one switch....it’s like having a built-in A/B box. A green LED alternates with the normal red one to indicate that the loop is active when the pedal is bypassed.
Another cool SideTrak trick is that if you only plug in the SideTrak Send, and don't plug in the Return, then that Sent dry signal can be sent to another amp.....meaning you could have the TightDrive Pro driving your 412 halfstack while sending the clean tone to a Twin or some other clean amp. All this ability comes from two simple jacks on the side of the pedal!
Standard Amptweaker features: LED illumination of controls, 14 gauge steel housing and true bypass switching.
"The TDP is what I have been waiting on for quite sometime. The ability to use it as a preamp for backline amps, overdrive a pushed amp, or a dual-setting overdrive with a clean amp makes it the most versatile drive pedal I think I have ever used. It sounds perfect. Amptweaker continues to impress me beyond expectations!" --Justin Hasting- Zoogma
- Dual Lit Boost controls via Boost footswitch
- 3 Band EQ, w/ Smooth Edge sw. and PlexEQ sw.
- 3 effects loops....Universal, Boost with Pre/Post switches, and the SideTrak loop that works when the pedal is OFF! Patch in clean effects
- Gain, Tight & Volume Controls
- High Gain switch for overdrive tones, off for cleaner transparent boost tones
- Noise Gate switch, with internal adjustment, tracks gain
- Mid switch with PlexEQ setting
- Mid Boost switch tweaks Boost to punch through
- Internal Fat switches for warmer Rhythm and/or Boost tones
- Can be used as a preamp, or into the front of your amp
- LED lit knobs when using a power supply
- Battery disconnect switch with red indicator
- Runs on 9V-18V batteries or supplies–like 'variacing' your amp up and down, or similar to 50W versus 100W tone
- Current: 18mA with 1 or 2-9V batteries, 22mA with 9V adapter, 24mA with 18V adapter(adapters add knob LEDs....internal switch disconnects 1-9V battery clip
- DC Adapter jack, standard 2.1mm X 5.5mm, center ground(-)
- Magnetic Battery access door opens w/o tools
- Weight: 3 pounds, Dimensions: 5.625"W X 5"D X 2.125"H
- Handmade in the USA
- 5 Year Limited Warranty
Product Styling by Bob Hopkins. Mechanical Engineering support by Ken Chappell. Electrical & Mechanical Design and Tweaking by James Brown. ......Conceptual Ideas by You.
Amptweaker (press release September 11, 2014)
Amptweaker Celebrates 5 years with their new TightDrive Pro Pedal
Cumming, GA, Sept 11, 2014 - After hand-building thousands of pedals....12 models based on product suggestions from players the world over....James and Phyllis Brown celebrate their Amptweaker’s 5th anniversary with the release of the TightDrive Pro™. Having received more feedback (sorry) for this model than any other, the resulting swiss army overdrive has dual boosts, 3 efects loops, built-in noise gate, and many diferent boost and drive options requested by customers. The High Gain switch gives two distinct tones....a transparent cleaner boost, or a higher gain mid-boost-style drive.
The TightDrive Pro has 2 Boost knobs....one before and one after the distortion... instead of only one boost, and the Volume Boost has been tweaked to cut or boost the volume.....so it’s easy to balance the tones, or boost the gain AND/OR volume for the perfect solo tone! Patch your favorite delay into the Boost Efects Loop for onestomp control between overdriven rhythm and lead.
A Smooth Edge switch cuts high end sizzle for the warmer edge of the TightDrive, and 2 Fat switches give the normal or Boosted tones a thicker attack with a bit more compression. 3 band EQ gives flexibility, with its PlexEQ button for more traditional stack tones. A new cleaner noise gate is also included, which tracks the gain knob and has an internal adjustment.
Amptweaker pedals are known for efects loops, and this one has 3: a universal loop, the Boost loop, and our popular SideTrak loop which activates when the pedal is OFF, to automatically switch in/out clean efects. Other standard Amptweaker features include 9-18V operation and true bypass switching.
- (2014-09-11) Amptweaker TightDrive Pro Clean Demo by Amptweaker
- (2014-09-11) Amptweaker TightDrive Pro Dirty Demo 1 by Amptweaker
- (2014-11-01) GAME OVER PEDAL! AmpTweaker TightDrive PRO : 3P3D'14 by The Tone King
- (2014-11-01) UNBOXING! AmpTweaker TightDrive PRO : 3P3D'14 by The Tone King
- (2014-12-02) Amptweaker: TightDrive Pro Overdrive by Burgerman666
- (2014-12-04) TightDrive Pro with Tele and Fender Super-Sonic 22 by Burgerman666
- (2014-12-18) Review Demo - Amptweaker TightDrive Pro by Premier Guitar
- (2016-01-15) Amptweaker TightDrive Pro by popintothechemist
- (2015-09-14) Les Paul bridge pickup with AmpTweaker Tight Drive Pro by Premier Guitar