Amptweaker FatMetal Pro
Cumming, GA, May 21, 2016 - Amptweaker announces the consumer requested FatMetal Pro™, a new version of the
top-selling TightMetal Pro™. It has all the same boost features and multiple effects loops, but is voiced like the FatMetal, and is particularly well suited for use with brighter amps, or for thicker metal tones used in sludge, doom, and black metal.
The boost system includes a Gain Boost and Volume Boost, as well as an extra efects loop that comes on with the Boost footswitch, for adding delay or other effects with 1 click. And the proprietary SideTrak Loop provides quick A/B to clean effects, or another distortion pedal. Three band EQ, smooth switch, fat switches, and a Thrash switch give a lot of tonal ﬂexibility, and Amptweaker’s Tight control helps dial in the tightness & aggressiveness of the pick attack.
All of Amptweaker’s drive pedals use true bypass switching, operate from 9 to 18VDC for varying dynamics, and have battery access with no tools required.
Since introducing the FatMetal™ distortion pedal in 2015, Amptweaker™ has received many requests for a two button version. Unlike most distortion pedals with boost, the FatMetal Pro includes 2 Boost knobs, one before and one after the distortion.....so it’s easy to boost the gain AND volume, for the perfect solo tone. There’s also a Midboost button that works with the output Boost knob, to help solos cut through the mix.
The FatMetal Pro is designed for players who wanted a warmer metal tone that works better with brighter guitars and amps, but also is less aimed at palm-muted metal, and works better for tremolo-picking Black metal, and darker sludge and doom metal tones. All features are identical to the TightMetal Pro, but the tone has been tweaked to extend the low range of the Tight and Tone controls, and the Black Gain switch boosts the gain in an appropriate way to get the thicker, buzzier gain required for those genres.
The Thrash switch converts the basic tone into a heavier, more mid-scooped tone for classic vintage metal tones. The noise gate has also been retweaked to make it smoother, and to sound better with the reduced highs of the FatMetal to allow it to work better for solos....but it's internally adjustable if you want the TightMetal CHOMP gate, just crank it!
|It can be used to add a compressor, chorus or chain of effects that only works when you play clean, or to switch to another distortion pedal to use for an alternate rhythm sound...all without having to hit more than one switch....it’s like having a built-in A/B box. A green LED alternates with the normal red one to indicate that the loop is active when the pedal is bypassed.|
Another cool SideTrak trick is that if you only plug in the SideTrak Send, and don't plug in the Return, then that Sent dry signal can be sent to another amp.....meaning you could have the FatMetal Pro going through a 412 halfstack while sending the clean tone to a Twin or some other clean amp. All this ability comes from two simple jacks on the side of the pedal!
A question we get a lot is, can the boost work by itself? No, the boost only works when the pedal is ON….and here’s why:
Since the boost has 2 boost knobs, one before the distortion and one after it. The gain boost is before and increases the distortion with only a little effect on the volume, while the Volume boost is after and increases the volume a lot. If the distortion circuit wasn't in between, then the volume would jump very high and result in a boost for clean that didn’t make sense. The boost footswitch also turns on the boost loop, switches in a Mid-boost switch and a fat-switch underneath, and is EQ’ed to work right with this pedal…..if you tried to use it as a clean boost, it would sound too mid-rangey for most people.
This setup also makes it quicker to go from clean, crunch rhythm, to lead with only 1 click. If you’re on clean, you turn the pedal on to get crunch….but if you want to go from clean to lead, you preset the boost before you turn on the pedal. So it’s 1 click when you're ready to go to a solo. If the boost worked separately like 2 pedals, then you’d have to hit 2 buttons to go from clean to boosted lead.
Standard Amptweaker features: LED illumination of controls, 14 gauge steel housing and true bypass switching.
Amptweaker pedals are known for effects loops, and this one has 3: a universal loop, another active with the boost, and our popular SideTrak loop which activates when the pedal is OFF, to automatically shut off clean effects.
- Dual Lit Boost controls via Boost footswitch
- 3 Band EQ, w/ Smooth Edge sw. and Thrash sw.
- 3 effects loops....Universal, Boost with Pre/Post switches, and the SideTrak loop that works when the pedal is OFF! Patch in clean effects
- Gain, Tight & Volume Controls
- Black Gain switch for heavier tones, off for more vintage metal tones
- Noise Gate switch with Chomp™ setting for quick stops, with internal adjustment, tracks gain
- Added adjustable internal input noise gate for even more gating
- Mid switch with Thrash setting
- Mid Boost switch tweaks Boost similar to FatRock™
- Internal Fat switches for even warmer Rhythm and/or Boost tones
- Can be used as a preamp, or into a clean channel
- LED lit knobs when using a power supply
- Battery disconnect switch with red indicator
- Runs on 9V-18V batteries or supplies–like 'variacing' your amp up and down, or similar to 50W versus 100W tone
- Current: 18mA with 1 or 2-9V batteries, 22mA with 9V adapter, 24mA with 18V adapter(adapters add knob LEDs....internal switch disconnects 1-9V battery clip
- DC Adapter jack, standard 2.1mm X 5.5mm, center ground(-)
- Magnetic Battery access door opens w/o tools
- Weight: 3 pounds, Dimensions: 5.625"W X 5"D X 2.125"H
- Handmade in the USA
- (2016-05-21) Amptweaker FatMetal Pro Demo by Amptweaker
- (2016-05-22) NPD-Introducing the new Amptweaker FatMetal Pro...you asked for it, so it's now a production model and NOW shipping. Here's a snippet of the demo I just uploaded, showing a quick comparison between the FMP and the TightMetal Pro. Go to Amptweaker.com fo by Amptweaker
- (2016-07-22) SNAMM '16 - Amptweaker FatMetal Pro, Bass TightMetal Jr, Bass TightRock Jr, Bass TightDrive Jr Demos by Premier Guitar
- (2017-11-20) Amptweaker - FatMetal Pro by Kayzer