Ampeg (press release January 22, 2015)
ANAHEIM, CA - JANUARY 22, 2015... Ampeg today announces the release of the all-new SCR-DI Bass DI with Scrambler™ Overdrive. The first pedal Ampeg has released in years, the SCR-DI combines a classic Ampeg preamp, EQ pedal and overdrive stomp box in a rugged design built to deliver Ampeg tone in any situation.
"The SCR-DI is the most bass-friendly DI ever created," remarks Ampeg Product Manager Zane Williams. "It delivers a huge range of classic Ampeg tones, it's an EQ pedal, it's got fantastic overdrive...it's got everything a performing bass player needs."
The Ampeg SCR-DI Bass DI with Scrambler Overdrive is a true Ampeg preamp, with legacy preamp and tone stack circuits, providing a wide choice of authentic Ampeg tones. The EQ section features a 3-band EQ with Ampeg's famed Ultra-Hi and Ultra-Lo circuits for flexible tone shaping. The EQ section is footswitchable, perfect for switching between distinct tones during a live performance. Also featured is the completely new Bass Scrambler overdrive circuit, specifically tailored to deliver true SVT grit, grind and sag. The overdrive section is also footswitchable, so players can add overdrive as needed.
The ideal DI box for any Ampeg lover, SCR-DI delivers connection options perfect for driving any bass rig and feeding a bassist's effected signal right to front-of-house. Plus, its portable, compact design fits easily onto a pedal board, and can tuck away into a gig bag for transport. The SCR-DI is also a great practice tool, with a dedicated headphone out and aux in for playing along with backing tracks.
"It's great to be able to practice with the same gear you use when performing. The SCR-DI is perfect for silent practice on the road or at home," remarks Williams. "You know you will always have the tone you want, no matter where you are playing."
The new SCR-DI Bass DI with Scrambler Overdrive will be available beginning April, 2015. The SCR-DI will have a U.S. MSRP of $279.99.
CLASSIC AMPEG TONE
- Legacy Ampeg preamp and tone stack circuits
- Wide range of authentic Ampeg tones from smooth Portaflex to harmonically-rich SVT
THE BASS PLAYER’S DI
- The connections you need to drive your rig and deliver your exact tone to front-of-house
- Dedicated XLR balanced line out with ground lift
- Affected 1/4" output
- Unaffected 1/4" thru
TOTAL TONAL CONTROL
- A complete Ampeg EQ pedal with massive tone choices
- Classic 3-band tone stack
- Ultra-Hi and Ultra-Lo circuits for additional tonal flexibility
POWERFUL BASS OVERDRIVE PEDAL
- New Bass Scrambler™ overdrive delivers true SVT grit, grind and sag
- Separate drive and blend controls
BUILT TO LAST
- Roadworthy die-cast zinc chassis construction
- Durable metal switches
- No-slip rubber feet for solid stage performance
- (2015-01-23) Ampeg Scrambler SCR-DI - Sweetwater at Winter NAMM 2015 by Sweetwater Sound
- (2015-01-24) NAMM 2015: Ampeg SCR-DI by BassPlayerMag
- (2015-01-25) [NAMM] Ampeg SCR-DI by Audiofanzine
- (2015-01-25) NAMM 2015: Ampeg SCR-DI by GuitarPlayer
- (2015-01-25) NAMM 2015 - AMPEG | MACKIE - Booth Walkthrough (Brand New Ampeg Bass SCR-DI box!) by TMNtv
- (2015-02-03) NAMM '15 - Ampeg SCR-DI Bass Scrambler Demo by Premier Guitar
- (2015-02-05) Ampeg SCR-DI | NAMM SHOW 2015 by baxshopnl
- (2015-04-17) Musikmesse 2015 - Ampeg Scrambler SCR-DI by accordoTV
- (2015-05-13) Ampeg / SCR-DI????????????? by digimartnet
- (2015-06-04) Todaysgear Ampeg ??????? SCR-DI (Bass DI with Scrambler Overdrive) by Today's Gear
- (2015-08-04) Ampeg SCR-DI by SessionMusicTV
- (2015-09-08) Review Demo - Ampeg SCR?DI Direct Box with Scrambler Overdrive by Premier Guitar
- (2016-10-22) For those at #bassplayerlive2016 Ampeg is giving away a couple SCR-DI's today. Congrats to our first winner Johnny. Next giveaway at 4pm today. SIR Rehearsal Studios in Hollywood. by Ampeg
- (2016-12-24) 12 Days of Pedals and Effects, Day 11: SCR-DI by Ampeg by PedalsAndEffects
- (2017-03-24) Ampeg SCR-DI - Bass Preamp with Scrambler Overdrive Pedal Demo by Sweetwater Sound
- (2017-04-14) Ampeg SCR-DI Bass DI Preamp with Scrambler Overdrive Pedal by GuitarCenterTV