- controls the speed/rate of the LFO wave that controls the effect
designed for Ampeg by Time Labs, Inc. in 1975
The Ampeg Phazzer provides a sound of unique depth and smoothness and can be operated with either a 9 volt battery or a 9 volt AC acapter for added performance and dependability.
The Phazzer's solid state circuitry can be used in conjunction with any instrument (guitar, organ, electric piano, etc.) and is compatible with solid state or tube amplifiers.
- Input Impedance: 100K ohms
- Output Impedance: 50K ohms
- Effect Bandwidth: 75 to 2500 Hertz
- Input Overload Voltage: 1 volt
- Speed Adjustment Range: 0.14 - 8.3 Hertz
- Notch Depth at 1K Hz: 20 dB
- Power Supply Requirements: 15 milliamps at 9 volts
- Recommended Battery Change Interval: 30 hours
- Input Jack: The Phazzer is internally switched "on" whenever a guitar cable is plugged into the input jack. For maximum battery life, be sure to unplug all cables when the unit is not in use.
- Footswitch: The footswitch turns the signal circuitry on and off.
- Control Knob: The control knob sets the speed of the automatic Phazzer effect.
- Mini-Jack: The mini-jack accepts a 9 volt AC adapter, such as the Magnavox 1A9179, and allows the Phazzer to be used directly from a normal AC power source.
- Battery: A standard 9 volt battery is provided withini the Phazzer. To replace the battery, remove the two screws from each side of the case and separate the two metal enclosures.
- Internal Adjustment: The Phazzer has been preadjusted at the factory for optimum balance between depth and smoothness. This control should not require further adjustment. However, the small white serrated knob on the internal control adjusts the effect depth if modification is desired. Battery strenght affects the adjustment of this control.
Order by model #????, $99.50 each.