Reverb. Delay. Repeat.
The Sky Fi bathes your signal in a excess of echoes, a deluge of delay, and a surfeit of shimmer. All of the ambience you desire is a footstep away.
Building a great delay pedal was foremost in our minds when we designed the Sky Fi. Development began with a crystal-clear digital delay engine combined with a tone filter to allow tailoring of the response to your liking. We then added a reverb engine that draws inspiration from certain digital rack units of the '80s and '90s. These units were designed to be as affordable as possible, and had some unique hardware quirks that caused their reverb effects to build in intensity over time. This "slow-building" artifact is one of the things that made these units so special. We've done our best to capture some of the magic of these units with the Sky Fi, while also incorporating some tricks of our own like the ability to freeze or oscillate by holding the bypass switch.
- Reverb — Adjusts the mix and decay of the reverb engine. Turn this knob while holding the bypass footswitch to change the delay signal mix. The Sky Fi remembers your delay mix setting when powered off.
- Delay — Controls the delay time for the delay engine.
- Mix — Controls the blend between fully dry (clean) and fully wet (reverb + delay only) sound. 12 o’clock is an equal mix of clean and reverb + delay.
- Repeat — Controls the feedback and repeats of the delay engine. Rotate counter-clockwise for dark, filtered repeats. Rotate clockwise for bright repeats.
- Mode Toggle:
- Wash — Combines an 800ms delay with our slow-building reverb engine. Holding the footswitch initiates reverb sustain.
- Gleam — Adds an upper octave partial to the reverb effect, holding the footswitch swells in a pronounced shimmer. Maximum delay time in this mode is approximately 640ms.
- Echo — Slow-build reverb plus delay, holding the footswitch reduces the reverb slightly and forces the delay into oscillation. Warning - extremely loud oscillation and / or total collapse of your signal may occur!
The Sky Fi has a unique feature - the bypass footswitch integrates with the reverb and delay engines. Hold the footswitch to shift the reverb or delay engine into a feedback mode. In Wash and Gleam modes, the Hold function increases the Reverb time and mix to an infinite setting. In Echo mode, the Hold function increases the Delay feedback to maximum levels.
The Hold function has two options: Infinite allows new notes to be added to the held signal. Freeze routes the dry signal around the held notes so that you can play over the frozen notes without changing their harmonic content. To switch between the two modes, hold the bypass switch while powering on. The LED will blink once for Freeze or five times for Infinite. The pedal remembers the last setting.
The Sky Fi features a buffered bypass with "trails," so that the reverb and delay will continue to repeat when the pedal is bypassed. The Sky Fi features an analog dry signal path. If the Sky Fi is set to Infinite mode, you can engage the pedal and the Hold function by holding the footswitch even while in bypass. Release the footswitch to return to bypass mode.
Wet / Dry Output:
The Sky Fi allows the player to separate the wet and dry signals at the output jack. Insert a standard mono patch cable into the jack to use as a traditional guitar pedal - the output will contain both wet and dry signals as determined by the Mix knob. If a stereo / TRS cable is connected, the Sky Fi will place a buffered dry signal on the "ring" of the jack and a mix of wet and dry on the "tip." Set the Mix control fully clockwise to have complete wet / dry separation. The Sky Fi will send the dry signal to both outputs when bypassed.
The Sky Fi requires a 9V DC power supply with a 2.1mm pin, center negative. The Sky Fi is not designed to be powered on supplies higher than 9V and does not use a battery. The Sky Fi should work fine on a multi-pedal "daisy chain" connector, but if you encounter excessive noise or hum try a separate power supply. The Sky Fi requires approx. 60mA.
Sky-Fi units with serial numbers lower than SK7132 may produce distortion at certain settings of the Repeat knob. If you have purchased one of these units, please contact us to arrange for an updated DSP chip.
- (2017-01-21) @reevesgabrels making some magic with the Sky Fi tonight. by Alexander Pedals
- (2017-01-23) Eleven strings and a Sky Fi. Jean Baudin tearing it up at our NAMM booth on Friday. We'll have more demos coming over the next couple of weeks and then we'll be shipping. by Alexander Pedals
- (2017-01-30) @chasing_alice_band got their hands on one of the first #skyfi pedals. Sounds great, have fun! #reverbdelayrepeat #greattonesdoinggood #Repost @chasing_alice_band ??? The @alexanderpedals #SKYFI versus @fulltoneeffects #OCD. Both played well with one anot by Alexander Pedals
- (2017-02-01) @proguitarshop Sky Fi demo is up! Andy puts our new pedal through its paces, link is in bio above. #reverbdelayrepeat #nopickrequired #greattonesdoinggood https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsgkF9WVFJg by Alexander Pedals
- (2017-02-05) For a perfect mix of old school delay and reverb tones, with new school tech, look to the Sky Fi. http://proguitarshop.com/alexander-pedals-sky-fi.html by ProGuitarShop Collective
- (2017-02-08) Thanks for the shoutout, @ambientnotes! Go check out their video for the #skyfi at ambientnotes.com or on our website. #Repost @ambientnotes ??? We're digging this thing. Full video is on ambientnotes.com or our YouTube channel. @alexanderpedals by Alexander Pedals
- (2017-02-09) Rolling with the #CNC. Working on this second production run of the #skyfi, thanks for helping make this our fastest selling pedal yet! by Alexander Pedals
- (2017-02-14) NAMM '17 - Alexander Pedals Sky Fi Demo by Premier Guitar
- (2017-02-17) You can win the Sky Fi from Alexander Pedals! Here's what to do: 1. Go to http://smarturl.it/freepedal and officially enter. 2. Like AND share this post! 3. Toy Story or Ratatouille? (optional) by ProGuitarShop Collective
- (2017-02-22) You can still win the Sky Fi from Alexander Pedals! Here's what to do: 1. Go to http://smarturl.it/freepedal and officially enter. 2. Like AND share this post! 3. Toy Story or Ratatouille? (optional) by ProGuitarShop Collective
- (2017-02-23) Alexander Pedals Sky Fi Reverb and Delay Device by JustNickMusic
- (2017-02-28) Alexander Pedals Sky Fi Reverb Delay by shnobel
- (2017-02-28) Awww yeah! @shnobeltone #skyfi video is live! Link is in our bio ^^^ #Repost @shnobeltone ??? The @alexanderpedals Sky Fi Reverb Delay Pedal Demo is now on YouTube by Alexander Pedals
- (2017-03-03) Alexander Pedals Sky Fi Reverb with Mike Hermans by ProGuitarShopDemos
- (2017-03-14) #Repost @axeandyoushallreceive ??? Man! Alexander Sky Fi is so killer. Wipes a few similar pedals completely off the map. This is just a snippet of what it can do in the Gleam mode by Alexander Pedals
- (2017-03-14) #Repost @motherlode_audio_supply ??? Spooky swells with the SkyFi by @alexanderpedals ???????? by Alexander Pedals
- (2017-03-27) #Repost @motherlode_audio_supply ??? One of the best design features of the @alexanderpedals Sky Fi is that you can access the hold function while the pedal is in bypass. This allows for momentary hold functions. In this clip we used this trick on the e by Alexander Pedals
- (2017-03-29) Alexander Sky Fi Reverb with Brett Kingman by ProGuitarShopDemos
- (2017-03-30) Sky Fi [reverb/delay] by Alexander Pedals Demo by Nathan Shafer
- (2017-04-11) Alexander Pedals Sky Fi by rigrigrigmusic
- (2017-04-25) Buddies. #Repost @motherlode_audio_supply ??? Here's something for #meditationmonday. The @alexanderpedals Sky Fi loves a good compressor on the front side. Its hold functions perform beautifully with the @greeramps Lamplighter giving it some lovely s by Alexander Pedals
- (2017-05-15) Oh my... #Repost @guitargearcdmx ??? Combinando el Jubilee Overdrive, el Sky Fi Reverb & Delay y el Equilibrium Trémolo/Vibrato, todos de @alexanderpedals les compartimos este pequeño clip logrando diferentes sonidos by Alexander Pedals
- (2017-06-01) Alexander Sky Fi by reverbmarket
- (2017-06-02) This is the pedal you are looking for. #jedimindtricks #Repost @shinshin85 ??? Just got the @alexanderpedals #skyfi today, anddddddd I love it. Here's a little Star Wars musicssss. by Alexander Pedals
- (2017-06-27) #Repost @davidazizinamini ??? Damn! So in love with this @alexanderpedals Sky Fi run with the @stompunderfoot Green Russian. Sometimes you just plug shit in and its immediate gratification. I could've sat here for hours with these two. Thanks for the insp by Alexander Pedals
- (2017-09-01) Alexander Pedals - Sky Fi by Kayzer
- (2017-11-01) Alexander Pedals Sky Fi Reverb Delay Effects Pedal Demo Video by PedalOfTheDay