The Reverse Radical takes everything you loved about the 1980s and turns it on its head. Sick modulation, random echo, and a time-warping reverse delay all wait within.
Available exclusively through Chicago Music Exchange
- Time - adjusts the maximum delay or the rate of modulation.
- Repeat - controls the feedback of the delay.
- Tweak - tweaks a different parameter in each mode. See the mode descriptions for full details.
- Mix - controls the blend between fully dry (clean) and fully wet (echo only.) 12 o’clock is an equal mix of clean and echo.
- Mode Toggle:
- Spiral - Long-ranging modulated delay, capable of everything from subtle flange and chorus to insane feedback drones and bizarre pitch shifting effects. The Time knob controls the modulation rate, and the Repeat knob allows for negative or positive feedback. Adjust the Tweak knob to select the amount of modulation.
- Granular - This one is pretty weird. Digital delay connected to a sample-and-hold oscillator, the Time knob chooses how fast the delay time changes. The delay time changes randomly, so itÂ’s completely unpredictable. The Repeat knob allows for negative or positive feedback, and the Tweak control selects maximum delay time.
- Reverse - Here’s the fun part. This plays back your signal in reverse, after a short pause. It’s not perfect, in fact it can get downright glitchy and gross, but it IS super entertaining. The Tweak knob shifts the fabric of space and time. For full-on reverse delay set it at maximum. Turning it down changes the delay direction, pitch, tone, and all kinds of other things.
The Reverse Radical requires a 9V DC power supply with a 2.1mm pin, center negative. The Reverse Radical is not designed to be powered by supplies higher than 9V and does not use a battery. The Reverse Radical should work on a multi-pedal “daisy chain” connector, but if you encounter excessive noise or hum try a separate power supply.
- (2015-12-31) Freaking love this. Who wants a standalone #reverseradical? by Alexander Pedals
- (2016-07-20) Alexander - Reverse Radical Delay [Synth Demo] by Magpie Pedals
- (2016-07-21) Alexander - Radical & Reverse [Pedal Siblings] by Magpie Pedals
- (2017-03-02) CHIP SWITCHING EP1 - Alexander Radical & Reverse Radical Delay by Magpie Pedals
- (2017-03-15) CHIP SWITCHING EP2 | Bitquest - Aarp - Reverse Radical Delay by Magpie Pedals