The Radical Delay takes us into a future that never was, where we fly on hover boards over the laser grid, and cities made of neon light never sleep. The Radical Delay is a re-imagining of the classic digital delay sounds of the 1980's, with some modern and unique twists.
Time - adjust the maximum delay time from <10ms to >900ms.
Repeat - controls the feedback or repeats of the delay.
Tweak - performs different functions in each mode, please see the mode descriptions for full details.
Mix - controls the blend between clean and echo sound. This control ranges from fully dry to fully wet, so that "echo-only" output is possible. 12 o'clock is an equal mix of clean and echo.
Mod - this is a super-clean digital delay with an adjustable modulation control. The Tweak controls both the speed and depth of the modulation. At 12 o'clock there is no modulation, clockwise adds a slow chorus and counter-clockwise adds a fast vibrato. The Tweak knob works even when the delay time is at its minimum setting, which allows the Radical Delay to function as an awesome digital chorus pedal.
Glitch - the Glitch mode takes our pristine digital delay and mangles it in unusual and interesting ways. With the Tweak knob fully counter-clockwise, the Radical Delay will echo exactly what you put in. Turn the Tweak knob clockwise to add some "ghost in the machine" style digital glitches and odd pitch modulation. With the Tweak knob fully clockwise the Radical Delay output sounds more like a synthesizer or video game console. As with the Mod mode, the Tweak knob works even when the delay is at its minimum setting, allowing the Radical Delay to act as a dedicated "bleep bloop" robot machine.
Bend - the final mode adds pitch shifting to the delay. Turn the Tweak knob counter clockwise to shift the pitch down, clockwise to shift up. The pitch shifter in the Radical Delay is based on the very earliest digital technology and is "uncorellated," so it produces audible glitches that increase as the shift interval increases. Each time the delay repeats the pitch shifter will shift the new notes, resulting in a "bending" effect as the delay spirals up or down. The Tweak knob works even with the delay at minimum, so the Radical Delay can operate as a glitchy pitch shifter. Try blending the dry signal in with a pitch shift for cool computer-sounding harmony lines.
The Radical Delay requires a 9V DC power supply with a 2.1mm pin, center negative. The Radical Delay is not designed to be powered on supplies higher than 9V and does not use a battery. The Radical Delay should work fine on a multi-pedal "daisy chain" connector, but if you encounter excessive noise or hum try a separate power supply.
- (2015-01-01) #Repost @alexanderpedals???#radicaldelay Bend mode. by Disaster Area Amps
- (2015-01-08) #radicaldelay Glitch Mode. The Tweak knob controls the sample rate and bits of the delay for cool robot and video game sounds. by Alexander Pedals
- (2015-01-08) #radicaldelay Bend Mode. The Tweak knob shifts the pitch up or down as much as an octave. As the delay repeats the pitch bends more and more. by Alexander Pedals
- (2015-01-08) Finally, #radicaldelay Mod Mode. Clean digital delay with fast or slow modulation. Tweak knob adjusts the speed and depth of the modulation effect. by Alexander Pedals
- (2015-01-08) The results are in. #radicaldelay clips are up over on the @alexanderpedals IG feed and FB page. by Disaster Area Amps
- (2015-01-22) Alexander Radical Delay by ProGuitarShopDemos
- (2015-02-06) Here's a clip from the #radicaldelay demo from @proguitarshop and Tone Report Weekly. This is Bend mode, which adds a spiraling pitch shift to the normal delay tone. Shift up or down up to an octave, and even use the shift without the delay. Don't forget by Alexander Pedals
- (2015-03-17) One #radicaldelay is cool but imagine what you could do with two... by Alexander Pedals
- (2015-04-10) Hey folks, have you seen the demo for the #radicaldelay over on the PGS Demo page? Andy did a great job showing off all the cool stuff you can do with it. You can pick one up from any of our dealers including @proguitarshop @coastsonic @creamcitymusic @d by Alexander Pedals
- (2015-04-23) Alexander- Radical Delay by MusicToyz
- (2015-05-17) Alexander Pedals Radical Delay by rigrigrigmusic
- (2015-05-18) A super huge thank you to @igamassardi for this amazing demo of our #radicaldelay pedal! Iga has a great ear for time and plays licks that show off the pedal in a variety of contexts. Here's his take on the Glitch mode! Follow @igamassardi and his rigri by Alexander Pedals
- (2015-08-04) Our good friends over at #thepedalfile posted a very cool video featuring he #radicaldelay ! We have linked to it on the Radical Delay page on our site, but you should go to http://bit.ly/1K1VK79 and check out the whole review. by Alexander Pedals
- (2015-09-25) Alexander Pedals - Radical Delay by Knobs
- (2015-10-29) Fun times. by Alexander Pedals
- (2016-01-15) Do not adjust your set. #selfoscillation #superradical #greattonesdoinggood #onetapchangeseverything #comingsoon #midi #80s #delay @alexanderpedals by Disaster Area Amps
- (2016-02-22) All these are new @alexanderpedals getting born. Thanks to all our rad customers, fans, and dealers for keeping us so busy! by Alexander Pedals
- (2015-01-08) Radical Delay Bend Mode 1 by Alexander Pedals
- (2015-01-08) Radical Delay Glitch Mode 1 by Alexander Pedals
- (2015-01-08) Radical Delay Mod Mode 1 by Alexander Pedals
- (2015-01-08) Radical Delay Glitch Mode 2 by Alexander Pedals
- (2015-01-08) Radical Delay Mod Mode 2 by Alexander Pedals
- (2015-01-08) Radical Delay Bend Mode 2 by Alexander Pedals
- (2015-01-23) Alex Radical Bend No Delay by Alexander Pedals
- (2015-01-23) Alex Radical Glitch No Delay by Alexander Pedals
- (2015-01-23) Alex Radical Mod No Delay by Alexander Pedals