The Litho Boost is based on the classic Pharaoh Amplifiers Class-A Boost pedal. The Class-A Boost was one of the original boutique boost pedals, with hundreds of dedicated users across the world. From time to time, Class-A Boost pedals have made their way back to our shop, and we've been floored by just how great they sound!
Lithos means stone in Greek. and lithography is a printing process that is accomplished using stone plates. Creating delicate and intricate art with a massive stone block is the kind of dichotomy we thrive on. The Litho Boost achieves delicate OR massive tones, depending on your musical needs.
Volume: Controls the output volume of the boost. At high settings the Litho Boost is capable of overdriving the inputs of most tube amplifiers.
Contour: Adjusts the linearity and negative feedback in the boost circuit. At low settings the Litho Boost is transparent and glassy, at high contour settings the boost becomes fat and juicy.
Tone: Adjusts the high frequency content of the boosted signal. The "neutral" setting is around 2 o'clock.
The Litho Boost requires a 9V DC power supply with a 2.1mm pin, center negative. The Litho Boost is not designed to be powered on supplies higher than 9V and does not use a battery. The Litho Boost should work fine on a multi-pedal "daisy chain" connector, but if you encounter excessive noise or hum try a separate power supply.
- (2015-02-26) Check out the new boost pedal from our sister company @alexanderpedals. The Litho Boost is a great clean boost, ranging from transparent to raunchy. ???Nice video demo of the #lithoboost courtesy of @jackfossett https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKPghLG-4 by Disaster Area Amps
- (2015-03-05) Add some muscle to your tone with our #lithoboost pedal. Now with 100% more #mustache. Audio courtesy @jackfossett. by Alexander Pedals
- (2015-03-06) Sharing the revised #lithoboost from our sister company @alexanderpedals Add some muscle to your tone with our #lithoboost pedal. Now with 100% more #mustache. Audio courtesy @jackfossett. by Disaster Area Amps
- (2015-04-01) Tone Test: Alexander Pedals Litho Boost by Jack Fossett
- (2015-05-14) Working the #CNC today for @alexanderpedals #lithoboost For those who still may not know, Alexander Pedals is our sister company making hand-crafted FX pedals. These particular pedals are going to be auctioned off for @circuitstocurecancer in a couple o by Disaster Area Amps
- (2015-07-15) Alexander Pedals Litho Boost by Jack Fossett