Alien mojo meets military tech, circa 1958. The F.13 is our take on space junk stolen from Area 51 and put into the service of rock 'n' roll. Equal parts science, art, weapon and instrument, the F.13 generates interplanetary flange never heard in this galaxy or any other.
- Rate: Controls the rate of the low-frequency oscillator (LFO) for the flanger, from glacial to space invaders. Controls the input sensitivity in Dynamic mode.
- Depth: Controls the maximum LFO sweep. In Step mode, the depth control chooses downward steps, upward + downward steps, upward steps, or random steps. In Dynamic mode, this controls whether the flanger sweeps down (less than noon) or up (greater than noon) based on the input signal.
- Mix: Controls the blend between the dry and flanged signal. Equal mix is at 12 o'clock.
- Hint: Pitch vibrato is available with low Regen settings and fully wet mix.
- Regen: Adjusts the amount of flanged signal fed back into the modulation. Zero feedback is at noon, clockwise increases the positive feedback for a standard flanger sound. Twist this knob counter-clockwise for negative feedback and a unique "inside out" flange.
- Mode Toggle:
- Step: The flanger LFO is forced to "step" to eight different values for transforming robot sounds. Sweeps either up, up + down, down, or random. The random mode is similar to a synthesizer "sample and hold" effect but with flange instead of filter.
- Sweep: Traditional flanging is found here. The LFO for the F.13 is actually a "hypertriangular" waveform, so that the flanger spends more time in the interesting portions of the sweep.
- Hint: Set the Rate control at zero for "filter matrix" style manual flanging. The Depth knob controls the flange position.
- Dynamic: This one is kind of unusual, even for us! The flanger delay time is set by the volume of the input signal. The Rate knob adjusts the sensitivity, to allow for different pickups or effects before the F.13. The Depth knob controls which direction the flanger will sweep when it hears the input signal. Don't say we didn't warn you.
The F.13 requires a 9V DC power supply with a 2.1mm pin, center negative. The F.13 is not designed to be powered on supplies higher than 9V and does not use a battery. The F.13 should work fine on a multi-pedal "daisy chain" connector, but if you encounter excessive noise or hum try a separate power supply.
- (2015-06-05) I feel seasick. by Alexander Pedals
- (2015-06-05) #flangerfriday. #f13. Summer NAMM. by Alexander Pedals
- (2015-06-06) Oh my. #f13 Dynamic mode hurts my brain. Details next week, full info in July. by Alexander Pedals
- (2015-06-16) #f13 by Alexander Pedals
- (2015-06-16) This new flanger from Alexander Pedals sounds amazing. by Chase Bliss Audio
- (2015-06-17) Introducing the @alexanderpedals #f13 Sci-Fi Flanger. Step, random, dynamic, or LFO controlled dual synchronized flangers designed to turn your brain inside out. Available July 2015. http://bit.ly/1GKGaix by Disaster Area Amps
- (2015-06-17) @alexanderpedals #f13 Dynamic Mode. The harder you play, the more it flanges. You can flange either up or down, and the flange stays synced to your attack. Listen in the middle of the clip to the difference in flange just using the guitar volume knob! Ht by Disaster Area Amps
- (2015-06-17) #f13 Dynamic Mode. This is a pretty tame example of what this mode can do. http://bit.ly/1GKGaix by Alexander Pedals
- (2015-06-18) #f13 Step Mode. http://bit.ly/1GKGaix by Alexander Pedals
- (2015-06-18) And the final mode on the @alexanderpedals #f13. Step Mode forces the flange to lock in to eight different discrete settings. The Depth knob selects down, up, up+down, or random flanging. It gets pretty nuts in here. http://bit.ly/1GKGaix by Disaster Area Amps
- (2015-06-27) So you wanna know what Dynamic mode is really capable of? Don't say we didn't warn you. We will have the #F13 and the rest of the line at Summer #NAMM July 9-11 in Nashville. Open to the public on Saturday, so come down and check it out. by Alexander Pedals
- (2015-06-27) Somebody posted over on The Gear Page asking about pedals that do "ray gun sounds." I submit the #f13 from @alexanderpedals can handle this pretty well. Sounds like a #lazer to me! by Disaster Area Amps
- (2015-07-01) Alexander Pedals F.13 Flanger by ProGuitarShopDemos
- (2015-07-02) http://bit.ly/1C02S69 New #f13 demo is up! Mike Hermans rules. by Alexander Pedals
- (2015-07-13) @knobs_demos getting some pretty interesting stuff out of the #f13 and #amnesiapedal at #NAMM this weekend. Had a super fun time with Knobs and his crew! by Alexander Pedals
- (2015-07-27) SNAMM '15 - Alexander Pedals Golden Summer Reverb and F.13 Flanger Demos by Premier Guitar
- (2015-08-12) Alexander Pedals - F13 by Knobs
- (2015-08-13) @knobs_demos getting weird with the #f13. I love it. Full video on Knobs' page. Get to it. by Alexander Pedals
- (2015-12-23) Alexander Pedals F13 Flanger - BASS Demo by MrExcane
- (2015-12-23) Alexander Pedals F13 Flanger - GUITAR Demo by MrExcane
- (2016-02-22) All these are new @alexanderpedals getting born. Thanks to all our rad customers, fans, and dealers for keeping us so busy! by Alexander Pedals
- (2016-08-27) Alexander F.13 Flanger by ProGuitarShopDemos
- (2016-08-28) Alexander Pedals - F.13 Flanger by ProGuitarShop Collective
- (2016-08-28) Andy from @proguitarshop just posted a great vid featuring our #f13 #flanger. Here's a nice bit showing the pedal set for a chorus tone, great for those Andy Summers licks. Vid is on the F.13 page on the site. by Alexander Pedals
1 review, average score of
|2015-12-12||wiendahl||also does a great chorus sound||10/10||this thing is so weird. i was looking to get an old flanger right when this came out. the dynamic flange is crazy. i really like the||manual flange too. put it in sweep, turn the rate to zero and then sweep through the depth to find your sweet spot. this thing also|